Just a few days ago, Sony showed off brand new gameplay for Horizon Forbidden West that, for lack of a better term, was jaw-dropping. It seems gamers are in agreement as well, as the State of Play episode featuring the game is now the most watched State of Play game showcase episode — a feat Horizon Forbidden West achieved in less than a day!
For context, here are the numbers at a glance:
- Horizon Forbidden West episode (Aired May 27, 2021) – 2.6M
- Demon’s Souls episode (Aired Nov. 7, 2020): 2.2M views
- Ghost of Tsushima episode (Aired May 15, 2020): 1.9M views
- The Last of Us 2 episode (Aired May 28, 2020): 1.5M views
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart episode (Aired April 30, 2021): – 983,000 views
What’s even more impressive here is, the reveal was just a few days ago, which means it’s bound to cross over the 3M mark in terms of views soon!
This is definitely most impressive, no? While this doesn’t guarantee that the game will be a hit commercially, this is a good indicator on how much interest the gaming populace has on the title, and judging from the views it got, it’s quite a lot.
Which game do you think will beat Forbidden West’s State of Play numbers? God of War’s next entry perhaps?