An incoming GTA Online patch, different to last night’s hot fix which removed the Quick Replay function and tweaked the monetary gain of a particular popular mission, will address the unfortunate character/progress loss a number of players have been experiencing.
CORRECTION: last night’s “hotfix” and today’s “patch” are one in the same. Below are the patch notes that were unavailable in our earlier post.
“A new title update to address the reported issues of game progress loss in GTA Online as well as other technical fixes, tweaks and enhancements is now available for PlayStation 3, and we expect it to be available by tomorrow at the latest for Xbox 360,” writes Rockstar Games in the latest Newswire post.
“This title update will resolve the cause of players losing their gameplay progress except for some specific instances where players purchase a vehicle and the save does not occur due to a cloud save failure. A fix for that particular issue is being worked on and we will provide an update as soon as we know when this will be resolved.”
GTA Online PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360Patch – October 9/10
- Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the “replay” option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
- Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
- Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match
Rockstar also notes that, in the meantime, should you ever come across this notification: “Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable”, do not attempt to “Retry” nor create a new character in order to play GTA Online. Instead, exit to Story Mode and re-enter GTA Online through the menu in Story Mode.