Developer New World Interactive is rounding off the year and kicking off the Holidays on a high note with another free content update for the studio’s gritty, military-sim, first-person PC shooter, Insurgency.
Now live, the new update — and the last one for 2014 — adds a new pistol to the arsenal of both the Security and Insurgents, the M45 and M1911. It also mixes in new maps for the Survival and Hunt playlists with new night versions of Buhriz and Revolt for Insurgency’s player-versus-player multiplayer. You’ll also find a number of other gameplay improvements, map updates, and other additions.
All of the new content will be showcased in an upcoming developer live stream later today that you can catch on Insurgency’s official Twitch channel at 5:30 PM PST with NWI community manager Michael Tsarouhas and guests.
If you like what you see and have yet to snag a copy of one of our favorite first-person PC shooters this year, you can take advantage of Insurgency’s Steam sale starting today, which knocks 55% of the game’s price, putting it at $6.74 USD until December 16.
For specifics on today’s update, check out the full list of patch notes below:
Insurgency December 12 Game Update
- New weapon: M45 for Security, M1911 for Insurgents.
- New PVP maps: Buhriz Night and Revolt Night.
- New Survival maps: Verticality, Sinjar and Heights.
- New Hunt maps: Buhriz and Revolt.
- Updated PVP maps: Revolt.
- Updated Survival maps: Market and District.
- Added foregrip upgrade for AK-74.
- Night vision goggles now show on character models in third person.
- Flashlight and laser sight added to sniper rifles and LMGs.
- Improved Survival mode.
- Added team icons to squad selection and scoreboard UI.
- Updated AI behaviors and visibility especially in night maps.
- Adjusted cost of night vision and added it to default loadouts in Hunt mode.
- If you pick up an explosive that can only be assigned to the first sub-slot, you will drop any other explosives that follow the same restriction. This prevents players from running around with RPG/AT4, RPG/C4, etc.
- If a grenade is dropped on death, friendly fire is redirected to credit the player who killed them instead.
- Grenades now deal direct impact damage.
- Fixed recoil so that it no longer slowly brings your view down with some weapons.
- Fixed pistol slide when you run out of ammo.
- Made laser sights less jarring when your weapon is blocked while aiming down sights.
- Added cvar cl_ads_fov_scale which allows a user to control the amount of “zoom” ironsights and reflex sights give you.
- Global ban system now applies to all servers, not just servers with matchmaking enabled.
- Removed cheat flag off of sv_memlimit. Also added sv_maxuptimelimit which defines the maximum uptime of a server (in hours) before it restarts.
- Fixed matchmaking failing to find servers when too many maps were selected.
- Fixed M4A1 not having the EOTech and Elcan scopes in coop modes.
- Fixed weight assignment of weapon upgrades.
- Fixed some player data not being transmitted to SourceTV.
- Fixed toggling motion blur in advanced video options.
- Brightness adjustment for nightvision when using OS X, should be closer to Windows version.
- Moved final cache Push to a more secure spot.
- Fixed steep displacement on the bridge near SEC’s spawn area.
- Increased fade distance of the planters in the main street.
- Fixed some sneaky spots throughout the map.
- Changes to prevent spawn camping in Push.
- Tweaked cover at front of the school.
- Fixed players getting stuck in a tree near A on Push.
- Tweaked lighting to make it more friendly for the NVG.
- Fixed players able to get stuck in a collapsed wall at firefight A.
- Improved collision model on rocks.
- Fixed bug that allowed a player to leave the playable area.