Warframe‘s latest update is now live across all platforms.
Dubbed “Operation Cryonic Front”, Update 14.5 landed on PC last month, but has now arrived on both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as well.
It introduces a new game mode called Excavations, which replaces the Survival mission types for planet surfaces. In it, players will defend a Scanning Device while collecting power cells to keep it powered. After the dig site is uncovered, players will move to the next phase, defending the Extractor until the mission is completed.
The update also offers new weapons, a new tileset, and even more customization optins.
- Kronen – The Kronen bladed tonfas resurrect a lethal fighting style once thought lost to the ages.
- Glaxion – This deadly freeze ray shoots a photon beam that halts molecular vibrations, causing instant and painful freezing.
- Nukor – The Nukor microwave gun creates and focuses a high-frequency field of microwaves, cooking the target from within.
- Karyst Dagger – Once a blade weapon of choice for an exclusive order of Tenno assassins, the Karyst Dagger grew to become a symbol of honor and duty for all Tenno.
- Experience the new Ice Planet!
- Gene-Designer Kits – Two new Gene-Designer Kits provide all of the genetic information to reconfigure a Kubrow’s DNA structure and match the fur coloration of its Kubrow ancestors.
- Hecate Syandana – Used for festive ceremonies, this Syandana was often worn during social gatherings.
- Eximus Color Set — A set of colors derived from the uniforms of Eximus adversaries. Unlocks additional color options for Warframe customization.
- Lotus Color Set – A set of colors inspired by the Lotus. Unlocks additional color options for Warframe customization.
You can watch the new trailer above to see some of the new content in action.