DayZ creator Dean “Rocket” Hall outlines what’s in store in the near future for the early access version of the popular zombie-survival game.
Hall spoke in a recent Reddit AMA where he talked about the implementation of vehicles and bases.
“Vehicles will be done based on the architecture we are doing for items/weapons now (i.e. attachments). So it’s in progress really,” Hall wrote. “We are replacing the physics system for items (throwing, etc…) and this new middleware will be used for vehicles also.”
Bases will take a little while longer to implement, but players can expect to have access to barricades first. He also mentioned that though small aircraft such as planes and helicopters would be complex to maintain, he feels they are important regardless.
For the moment, DayZ survivors can look forward to a major update that recently hit.
“This build is has very big back-end changes, which means that it may take some time for game servers to come up,” wrote Hall in the update’s official patch notes.
“Please keep an eye on the DayZ twitter for updates. Many of the changes not listed here are significant database cluster changes associated with our datacenter, and involve configuration changes to DayZ servers themselves. We have tried to minimize potential problems, but delays and outages are possible now more than ever. We will be working as fast as we can to get everything back online.”
DAYZ PATCH UPDATE 22 JANUARY 2014
ETA: In process
- Corpse cleanup causes server crash during forced server restart
- Spray Painting a magazine while on weapon, creates fake (unusable) copy in inventory
- Niosh mask (respirator) inventory size fixed to 1/1 slot.
- Missing strings for BE popup for alternate languages, set to English while translations are being done.
- Reduced dispersion of FNX45 (from 0.05 to 0.03)
- Balanced stomach capacity,
- Added stuffed notifier (instead of sickness when full up)
- Eating and drinking animations properly set for tablets/disinfectants
- Version number in server browser and details
- Saline transfusion doesn’t refill full blood
- Charcoal and Tetracycline tablets won’t give sick badge if you aren’t actually sick
- Player aim run speed updated, weapon position changed and improved for first person view
- Glitches on right hand while moving and while giving taunt fixed
- Players can’t pile backpacks inside of another backpacks, backpack-inception style. You can only put one backpack inside of another backpack if the backpack that is being put inside is empty.
- Magnum speedloader should be spawning now
- Number of backpacks spawning lowered
- Number of .357 Pythons spawning lowered.
- Number of M4A1s spawning lowered
- Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death
- Removed scripted server teleporting check as now managed by engine
- Sea ambient sound is now slightly quieter
- Animation: Fixed misc issues with vaulting
- Animation: Fixed getting on the ladder from kneel for the armed player
- Animation: Fixed animation speed for unarmed player in main menu
- Animation: Fixed an issue with changing weapon while aiming in kneel
- Animation: Fixed an issue with rotation while aiming in prone
- Headtorch color descriptions fixed
- Jeans descriptions (color) fixed
- Cargo pants description fixed (color)
- Chest holster description added
- Using an item in your hand no longer goes out of hand once action done
- Using an item while something else in your hand will go back to that item once action done
- Security issue with IGUI variable compiling
- Situation where player used item on other players inventory causing neverending looped item check
- Weapons now display tooltips
- Players can now be revived with the defibrillator
- Clipping on right hand when holding an item and pressing F1 (Greeting).
- Map_ChernarusSW description fixed
- SKS rifle description added
- UI: Editable character name in main menu
- UI: Hive, mode and time columns in server browser
- Database: Support for sub hives. (Sub-private, Hardcore/Regular public)
- Security: Signature verification against PBOs
- Loot: Added shotgun speedloader into loot spawns
- Loot: Added box of 20 pieces .357 rounds into loot spawns
- Loot: Added color variants of all shoes into loot spawns
- Loot: Added Hiking pants (both long and short ones) and Canvas pants including their color variants into loot spawns
- Loot: Added hacksaw into the loot spawns
- Loot: Added shotgun into loot spawns
- Action: Players can now collect Berries as food
- Loot: Added Hacksaw into loot spawns
- Crafting: Players can create sawed-off shotgun from shotgun
- Crafting: Players can opening cans with a hacksaw
- Crafting: Painting Mosin with spraypoint now supported
- Loot: Added spraypaint can into loot spawns
- Map: Coastal harbor town of Svetloyarsk (and surrounding areas)
- Animation: More direct transitions for aimed weapon(prone to stand/kneel and back)
- Animation: Surrender now disarms player for single handed items
- Loot: Pipsi, NotaCola, Spite and Rasputin Kvass drinks
- Action: Burlap sack can be placed on head of self or target
- Action: Burlap sack causes black screen and reduced sound when worn on head
- Performance: Server Performance improvements
- Zombies: Six new zombie soldier types
- Crafting: Weapon cleaning kit used for keeping your guns in good shape
- Loot: Shotgun snap-loader for fast reloads
- Crafting: Player can spraypaint MP handguard and buttstock
- Crafting: Support for “add paint” or “repaint” for spraypainting
- Crafting: Player can spraypaint CMAG magazines