Just yesterday, Infinity Ward mentioned that they were doing a weapon tuning pass on the AS VAL and SP-R 208 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & Warzone given how overpowered both guns were in their current state. Well, the Modern Warfare & Warzone update today October 8 server-side patch is now live, and yep, it nerfs both guns!
Note that there is no actual download for this update, as it will automatically be applied once you connect to the game’s servers.
Modern Warfare & Warzone update today October 8 patch notes:
- Fixed an issue where players could survive in the gas while staying on the subway fast travel system
- AS VAL:
- Fixed a bug where the SSP 10-R mags could allow bullet penetration through multiple walls
- SP-R 208:
- Increase to flinch
- Minor reduction to ADS speed
- Variable zoom scope
- Moved weapon closer to the player while ADSing
- Small reduction to ADS speed
- .300 Norma mag and .338 Lapua Mag ammo types:
- Reduction to bullet velocity
- Reduction to ADS speed
- SKS: Small reduction to ADS speed for variable zoom scopes