The 2K Games NBA 2K series is giving more love and focus to the woman component of the sport in this year’s iteration for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series consoles, as the publisher revealed details on NBA 2K22 The W PS5 and Xbox Series new features. The W refers to the WNBA component of NBA 2K22, and it is leveling up this year as the game makes its debut on current-gen consoles.
Check out all new and upcoming features detailed by 2K Games in a special edition of NBA 2K’s Courtside Report:
- New Player Progression – With a new badge progression feature, players will be able to earn badges to improve their games as they embark on the journey to become WNBA legends. Competing on the court or grinding it out in practice, players will be able to equip and upgrade badges to customize their MyPLAYER builds based on their unique specialties;
- Off-Day Experience – The W introduces three new playable activities to make off-days count. Scrimmages, team practices, and contact workouts provide the opportunity for players to hone their craft as they develop throughout the season. In a franchise first, historic and current WNBA stars can be challenged in contact workouts to acquire new skills on one’s own path to greatness;
- The W Online – Returning to NBA 2K22 for PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S consoles, The W Online brings new ways to connect with the 2K community. Players will be able to link up with friends before the matchmaking process to take to the court as a team. By playing games in The W Online, players will be able to earn Season XP as they level up to earn new prizes and awards.
NBA 2K22 is releasing for consoles and PC on September 10 2021.
More NBA 2K22 Reading:
- NBA 2K22 Top Rated Players, Best Dunkers, 3PT Shooters and More Listed
- NBA 2K22 Seasons Mode Will Offer “All Rewards” as Free and Redeemable
- NBA 2K22 New Features for Gameplay, MyCareer and More Announced