Looking at what’s in store for Destiny and its fans, Bungie community manager David “DeeJ” Dague has outlined some of the incoming updates you’ll be downloading to your hard drive in the weeks to come, including a few ‘tricks up their sleeve’.
“We’re inbound with several bundles of joy in our hold,” Dague wrote. “They’ll land in the weeks to come. Some of them will give everyone new things to do and earn. Some of them will prepare the world you’ve conquered for some new arrivals, and push the boundaries. Your level of engagement will be up to you. Each of us finds our own level in Destiny.”
Here are the specifics, courtesy of Bungie’s latest Weekly Update.
Previously mentioned updates:
- Channels for talking to matchmade teammates, if you so wish
- Exotic weapons that are stronger and more interesting to upgrade
- New gear to let you slip into something a little more Legendary
- That which waits in The Dark Below
- New shaders for your gear
- Ways to preview items before you spend your Glimmer
- Greater chances of “showers” in public spaces
- Adjustments to some arenas that needed better traffic flow
- New economies to equip you with upgrade materials
- Fixes, patches, and other invisible technical evolutions
- Some other tricks up our sleeve
- Maybe even a more generous Cryptarch
- (he’ll still be sort of a bastard)
If those points sound a tad ambiguous, Dague says more details are on the way, including Dev Notes and Patch Notes.
Keep your sights on MP1st for more Destiny updates to come!