The Coalition has deployed the new Gears 5 updae 1.2.932.0 April 27 patch, or what’s also known as Operation 6 Drop 2! There are new gameplay-related changes, events and more. Head on below for the patch notes.
New Gears 5 Update 1.2.932.0 April 27 Operation 6 Drop 2 Patch Notes:
- You can no longer Roadie Run while stunned when swat turning.
- Your character will no longer lift their head over cover while holding up on the left thumb-stick.
- Some of Anthony Carmine’s voice lines will no longer use a robotic voice.
- The Extras menu no longer shows the OP5 trailer.
- 12 Spectators are now allowed to watch a game of Control in custom lobbies (previously 8).
- Restart Round has been added to Execution, Control, KOTH, Arcade Blitz, and Escalation in custom matches.
- Players are no longer able to earn Master difficulty rewards by playing on Beginner difficulty using an exploit
- The Wakaatu will no longer burrow underground and never come back.
- New Mutator: Cheap fortifications “Fortification build cost reduced by 30%.”
- New Mutator: Stim Drones “Drones gain stim on damage done to players.”
- Decreased Elite Drone base damage from 35 to 34.
- Increase base Juvie execution delay from 10s to 14s.
- Decreased Guardian/Sentinel shield health from 1200 to 1000.
- Increased Guardian/Sentinel shield reset time from 9.5s to 15s.
- Replaced “Execution Rules” with “Aggressive Enemies” in the default Horde mutator list.
- Fixed an issue where the “Freezing Hammerbursts” and “Freezing Grenadiers” mutators weren’t dealing the correct amount of freezing damage.
- Fixed an issue where the Wakaatu would sometimes fail to appear.
- Added +30% Pistol Damage to Anchor Passive.
- Excluded Heavy Weapons from Anchor’s Bullet Chain Skill Card.
- Infiltrator Passive no longer triggers using non-ballistic weapons.
- Demolitions Passive now correctly doubles the duration of marks.
- Added +30% Rifle Damage to Combat Medic Passive.
- Increased radius of Combat Medic’s Intervention Skill Card from 10m to 20m. (Level 6)
- Increased stim healing per headshot of Combat Medic’s Helpful Headshots Card from 12HP to 30HP. (Level 6)
- Decreased Team Revive recharge time from 300s to 250s.
- The Brawler’s Soothing Warmth card will now apply to the Scorcher.
- Big Knife Skill Card now correctly deals 130% damage at Level 6.
ARCADE – TEMPORARY REMOVAL
At the start of Operation 6 Drop 2, we’ll be temporarily removing Arcade mode from Gears 5. This is to address multiple issues with the mode itself, which may also be impacting versus matches in general across the game.
While we have no ETA to provide as to when Arcade will return, we’ll be sure to let you know when it’s back as soon as we can.
PLAY WITH TC – EARN A REWARD!
Starting from the beginning of Operation 6 Drop 2, you can be granted an exclusive reward if you happen to be matched up against any of the TC gamertags below!
- TC Shauny
- TC MichaelAOS
- TC ArmoredJP
- TC Sera
- TC Tyrus
If you happen to play with or against any of these Gamertags, you will be granted an exclusive Boltok execution – the Psychic Execution.
VERSUS EVENT: EXECUTION 2.0
A new variant of the classic Execution game mode, Execution 2.0 adds an objective ring after 2 minutes to decrease stalemates. If a team captures the ring or eliminates the enemy team, they win the round!
This Versus weekly event will run for two weeks and alongside a special medal group.
- Well done soldier! – Deal 25,000 damage in the Execution Versus Event
- Do as I say, and die! – Get 50 eliminations in the Execution Versus Event
- Onward and Upward! – Complete 15 rounds in the Execution Versus Event
- Now our time is done – Perform 10 Executions in the Execution Versus Event
Completing the medal group will grant you 4,000 Gear Coins!
Read the full information on Execution 2.0 here.
HORDE EVENT: NEXUS SIEGE
The Locust are back, and they are here to bring the pain! Drones, Bolters, you name it, they are all here and you will encounter a truly one-of-a-kind experience in Horde.
Every wave will see Locust enemies attacking you, each with unique stats and AI., You may even encounter Locust enemies foraging for weapons across the map to use against you.
Nexus Siege will run for two weeks and alongside a special medal group, completing this medal group will grant you the Palace Guard Weapon Set.
- Hollow Stormed – Win 1 match in the Nexus Siege Horde Event
- Heroes of Nexus – Get 15 Locust Boss Eliminations in the Nexus Siege Horde Event
- Lambent Pandemonium – Get 30 Lambent Eliminations in the Nexus Siege Horde Event
- The Queen’s Guard – Get 50 Palace Guard Eliminations in the Nexus Siege Horde Event
Read the full information on Nexus Siege here.
FEATURED ESCAPE: THE SPLIT
Choose between an extra life or an armory of weapons.
For the store refresh, head on over here.
Once we hear of the next title update, we’ll let our readers know.