Additionally, the update included the following tweaks:
- Added a new variant to Ragnarok CTF, which removed Banshees
- Fixed an exploit location on Ragnarok
- Added two Mantises to Meltdown BTB
- Improved spawning for CTF and Infinity Slayer on Complex
Next Monday, fans can look forward to yet another playlist update featuring the ever-exciting Team Snipers. On the Halo Waypoint Blog, Halo 4 Community Manager Jessica Shea explains that this Team Snipers in particular will be a very pure experience, meaning that secondary weapons will not be included in your loadout. For those still enjoying SWAT, no worries. SWAT will also be kept as a part of the playlist options next week.
Team Snipers will be playable on these maps:
For those unfamiliar with the game type, Shea has kindly included some tips that should help get you started:
- Use callouts to identify and flank campers.
- Use the “Swap Weapons” button [Default – Y] to quickly exit zoom.
- Sometimes melee may be the best up-close option, especially if the enemy has taken a body shot.
- Learn hiding and sniping spots on maps, not only to provide cover while firing, but to check for enemies when surveying the battlefield.
- Sneak up on scoped-in enemies for assassinations.
- Watch some pro player sniper videos on YouTube – angles are important!
In case you missed it, Halo 4 recently topped the Xbox Live most-played charts, signifying that 343 Industries has had a fantastic first few days of launch. We leave you with these interesting statistics gathered from the first five days of Halo 4’s release.
The first five days of Halo 4
- Over four million people played Halo 4 on Xbox LIVE in the first five days.
- 13.5 million hours were spent playing Campaign in the first five days.
- 1.9 million hours were spent playing Spartan Ops in the first five days.
- 16 million hours were spent playing War Games in the first five days.
- 31.4 million hours were spent playing Halo 4 in the first five days.
- 1,116,882 people completed the Campaign in the first five days.
- 6% of total players completed the Campaign on Legendary in the first five days.
- 43,335,060 achievements were unlocked in the first five days.
- 2,675,140,836 kills were earned in Campaign in the first five days.
- 505,250,095 kills were earned in Spartan Ops in the first five days.
- 1,410,025,354 kills were earned in War Games in the first five days.
- 4,590,416,285 kills were earned playing Halo 4 on Xbox LIVE in the first five days.
Happy sniping, everyone!