Microsoft has released a new Xbox One update, available to the Alpha Ring Insider members. The new build (1711.171103-1923) has implemented a way to check if a game has downloaded Xbox One X assets.
As well this new feature, Microsoft has fixed some party chat issues, and you’re now able to launch 4k videos without issues, plus a lot more.
Find the full list of patch notes below:
Games & Apps
You can now check whether a specific game has downloaded Xbox One X assets from Games & Apps. To do this, navigate to Games & Apps > Games, place the focus over an Xbox One X Enhanced game, press the Menu button, and select Manage game. In the Manage game menu you’ll see Xbox One X Assets: Installed if Xbox One X Enhanced content has been installed.
• Miscellaneous improvements for Game performance issues, guide performance issues, stuttering/popping PartyChat audio
• Fixes for Bad audio quality and users “hearing tinny” audio
• Fixed an issue when joining a party chat you will receive the following error – “Party encountered an error. Something went wrong with your party. Try again later. [0x8923102B]”
Store 4k Videos
• Fixed an issue in which 4k videos would not launch and stay in the opening state.
Dolby Atmos and Sound Settings
• Fixed an issue which caused Dolby Atmos settings to reset after resuming from connected standby and settings would report no audio state.
• Fixed an issue in which Cortana skills that activated 3rd party apps did not work such as iHeartRadio.
My Games and Apps
• Fixed an issue in which some game installed if canceled would get into a corrupted state and the install failed.
• Fixed an issue in which the Network transfer Resume All would stop install of the currently installing item and starts installing the last item resumed.
• Improved the reliability of Game launches reducing activation timeout errors resulting in a game failing to launch. Games are more resilient now to launching.
• The left and right navigation for selecting date and time during Tournament creation is currently reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
• Left and right navigation in Tournament twists is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
• Left and right navigation in the bracket view of Tournaments is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
Avatars on Home
• Users wishing to represent themselves as an avatar can do so by changing their settings under My profile > Customize profile > Show my avatar.
What do you think of the update? Will this make your gaming experience better? Let us know below.
In other updates news, the Paladins open beta has received a patch which buffs Grohk while nerfing movement abilities, an F1 2017 update adds Xbox One X support and fixes frustrating bugs, and Halo Wars 2 now boasts Xbox One X enhancements of its own, while also supporting crossplay between PC and Xbox One.