Today was a big day for Nintendo fans looking forward to some of the latest and greatest coming in the world of gaming, as the company held its first Nintendo Direct for 2021 — and it’s the first long direct in nearly two years that was jam packed with a lot of announcements that definitely sets up what’s to come for Nintendo Switch this year and beyond.
So let’s begin with the recap:
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is adding Xenoblade’s Pyra and Mythra as the latest DLC characters to its roster.
- Fall Guys, The Outer Wilds, and Samurai Warriors 5 all hit the Nintendo Switch this Summer. Here’s the trailer for the latter title.
- Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir and Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stands Behind are both coming to the Switch on May 14.
- The classic PlayStation era JRPG Legend of Mana comes to the Nintendo Switch on June 4.
- Monster Hunter Rise got a new trailer, along with a limited edition Switch Console and MHR themed JoyCon announced.
- A new Mario Golf title called Mario Gold Super Rush was announced and will be coming to Switch on June 25.
- Capcom Arcade Stadia got a new trailer and is out today for Switch.
- Stubbs The Zombie: Rebel Without A Pulse hits Switch on March 16.
- Tales of the Borderlands gets a Switch port on March 24.
- DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power comes to the Switch on June 4.
- Travis Touchdown returns in No More Heroes 3 — which will come to Nintendo Switch on August 27.
- A fun and unorthodox trailer for Knockout City debuts, with the game hitting Switch on May 21.
- First person action game Neon White debuts a slick and stylish trailer. The game comes to Switch and PC some time on Winter 2021.
- The Nintendo 3DS title Miitopia is coming to Switch on May 21.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons is getting a Super Mario Bros. update on March 1, with items that players can use and customize from the Mario universe.
- Square Enix announced a new JRPG called Project Triangle Strategy, which will hit the Switch some time in 2022.
- Star Wars: Hunters — a competitive arena battle game by LucasFilm Games and Zynga, will be arriving for the Switch some time in 2021.
- Hades gets a physical release for Switch on March 19.
- Apex Legends arrives for Switch on March 9.
- World’s End Club will be ported to the Switch and arrives on May 28.
- Ninja Gaiden: Master Edition collects Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge and will be released for consoles and PC including the Switch on June 10.
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is getting DLC and an Expansion Pass throughout the year.
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is coming to Nintendo Switch on July 16. Check out some gameplay here.
- Finally, Splatoon 3 was announced with a trailer, and will be released some time in 2022.
If you want to see the entire Nintendo Direct presentation, watch it again here.