Hello Games has released a new game update for No Man’s Sky today! The No Man’s Sky update 3.40 May 17 patch is live now, which is an unannounced title update.
No Man’s Sky Update 3.40 May 17 Patch Notes:
Update: Hello Games has released the patch notes for today’s update called “Beachhead” whch you can read about below.
Patch 3.40 – Beachhead Expedition
- The second Expedition, Beachhead, begins today. We hope you enjoy the surprises it has in store.
- Added a new class of procedural upgrade module for the starship Launch Thrusters.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect text labels on Communications Stations.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Exosuit boot sequence from playing correctly in Expeditions mode.
- Fixed an issue that could cause asteroids to intersect with player fleets.
- Fixed an issue that allowed secondary ships to be summoned when they were out of fuel.
- Fixed an issue that caused some UI screens to be positioned incorrectly when using an ultrawide monitor.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect camera positioning while interacting with a number of objects.
- Fixed an issue that prevented a number of Quicksilver titles from unlocking in Creative Mode.
- Fixed an exploit that could allow players to bypass protections against building in other player’s bases.
- Fixed a crash related to terrain tesselation.
- Fixed a crash related to saving base data.
- Fixed an Xbox-specific crash related to memory management.
You can read more about Beachhead right here.
Oddly enough, Hello Games has not released any patch notes just yet, even Experimental notes, which we usually get. Over on the game’s subreddit, some people have chimed in on what they have noticed, with Reddit member o0CYV3R0o posting:
That’s all we know for now. Once Hello Games releases the official patch notes, we’ll be sure to update the post. If you spot any gameplay-related or technical changes, please let us know what you find down in the comments.
In other No Man’s Sky news, China-based company Tencent is publishing a game titled “Our Planet” that will look very familiar for No Man’s Sky players.