Those affected by the dreaded Outriders inventory wipe bug, rejoice! People Can Fly has started rolling out the Outriders inventory restoration update right now, though it’s only for “Group A” currently.
Outriders Inventory Restoration Update May 5, 2021:
Here’s what’s happening now per People Can Fly:
Character and Inventory Restoration for Group A characters is now underway.
Group A characters are those characters who encountered a wipe and are no longer able to login at this point in time (Encounter a “Couldn’t Connect to Server” error).
Please check your affected characters throughout the day also making sure to log out and in again if you are in game at the time. If your character has not yet been restored, please be patient a little while longer as it may take a little time for the process to propagate across all affected characters.
As a reminder, here is what you can expect to happen:
- Group A Restoration:
- All items, regardless of rarity, that were equipped at the time of your inventory wipe will be restored.
- All legendary items that were in your inventory.
- For non-Legendary items: 20 previously acquired items that were in your inventory, with first prioritization based on rarity (descending from Epic rarity) and second prioritization based on date acquired.
- All fully completed Accolades will be restored if you previously reached the final tier of said Accolade.
- Interim tiers and progress towards any tier of an Accolade cannot be recovered.
Please keep in mind that we may not able to restore every single lost item with 100% accuracy, but we are doing our best to make sure the most valuable items are accounted for.
If your inventory is already full, restored items will be held server side until there is space in your inventory and you have logged out and back in again.
Once we are happy with Group A restorations, we will trigger restorations for Group B. Group B players are those players who lost items but were able to continue playing.
For further details and group A/B explanations, please refer to this post.
Please note that if you are part of this Group A restoration, your non-affected characters may receive up to 20 Legendary items that they previously sold back in their inventory. These items will be god-rolled. These items can be freely sold, scrapped or used.
Hopeully, there is no issue with Group A’s restoration, so that Group B can get it ASAP. That said, will these 20 Legendary items be enough for players burned? Your guess is as good as mine.
If you’re one of the many affected by this bug, are you willing to give it another shot?