Calling all Outriders! The final stretch to launch is finally here with reports of the Outriders preload now being live (varies by region) on PlayStation and Xbox consoles.
- Related reading: Outriders Digital Code Game Giveaway (Open Worldwide)
For those who are living Eastern hemisphere (Europe, Asia, ect) of the world, the Outrider preload option should now be available on PlayStation consoles. North American and other western countries will be able to download it at midnight Eastern tonight. As for Xbox owners, it seems the preload is up but only through the Xbox App (non-beta version). Further details down below can be found on how to download Outriders ahead of launch for each platform.
Outriders Preload File Size:
PS5: 46.16GB (some 39GB)
Xbox Series X: 47.82GB
Xbox One: 60.87GB
Outriders Day One Patch Notes (Consoles):
The Outriders day one update should now be live across all platforms, weighing in roughly 20-24GB. Due to how compression and unpacking works on the next-gen versions of games, the completed download size will differ.
Many bug fixes and improvements, with a particular focus on the latter sections of the game.
Performance improvements for pacing/stuttering that was observed during the demo
Camera Smoothing improvements for cutscenes and dialogues. This should reduce the camera shake that some players are struggling with
Cutscenes/dialogues frame rate improvements
PC cutscenes will have the option to choose from 30, 60, 90 and 120fps
Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 cutscenes will be locked to 60fps
Xbox One and PlayStation 4 cutscenes will remain locked to 30fps
- Rolling Midnight Unlock for Consoles:
- Consoles (Xbox and PlayStation) will unlock at midnight on April 1st for your specific country.
- For the USA, this means midnight EDT April 1st, which is 21:00 PDT on March 31st
- Unified single global time for PC & Stadia:
- The platforms will release on April 1st at 17:00 BST / 09:00am PDT
- These platforms can only release at a single time globally (this is due to how their stores are set up)
- Here is a countdown that will help you understand how long to go in your specific region.
- This time is the standard PC release time for Square Enix and has been carefully chosen to ensure that the maximum amount of support and partner staff are on hand to deal with any launch day issues.
How to Preload Outriders on PS4 and PS5
Assuming you pre-ordered off the PlayStation Network, downloading Outriders is really easy. All you have to do it navigate to your library, search for Outriders, and you can begin to download the game. If you own a PS5, be sure you are downloading just one version to save on hard drive space.
Alternatively you could also use the PlayStation App to download remotely.
How to Preload Outriders on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
It doesn’t actually seem like the preload is live for those who preordered just yet, though it should be real soon. There is a workaround, however using the Xbox App. All you have to do is search for Outriders on the storefront and the option to download it remotely will be available for both Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles.
How to Preload Outriders on PC
UPDATE: PC Preload is now live on Steam!
Sadly it seems that PC is going to miss out on preloading. While People Can Fly confirmed that the Epic Game Store version of the release wouldn’t have a preload option, they did give a bit of hope for Steam users that preload may happen. Still, there’s two days left before release so it might still happen. We will be sure to update this post if that does change.
With the Outriders Preload now live, we have finally entered the final stretch before release. If you’re most interested in reading up on our thoughts, be sure to read the demo preview along with why we think the demo release was a great way to market the game.