While we just got a patch for Outriders last week, developer People Can Fly has today talked about the Outriders upcoming update! There’s no specific release date yet, but it sounds like it should be out soon, and the studio has confirmed it will include changes to Legendary drops!
In addition to the drops, there are fixes coming to sign-in issues, and more!
Outriders Upcoming Update Preview:
Changes to Legendary Drops:
- We’re making some changes to the Legendary Drops. These changes are not live today, but are planned to go live as part of our next patch. Here are the changes you can look forward to:
- Legendary Drop Rates, across the board, will be increased by 100%
- Legendary Level Brackets will be removed, so that all Legendary items can drop at any level.
- Previously, some items could only drop from enemies of certain levels or above. For example, the Ugake Cowl could only drop from enemies of level 48 or higher.
- Legendary Anti-Duplication System will be implemented
- This system will mean that if a character has an item in their inventory or stash and a duplicate item is rolled, the dropped item will be re-rolled once.
- Note that this system does not guarantee that every drop will be unique. Rather, it is designed to provide a second roll at avoiding a duplicate.
- Scripted Boss Loot (Chrysaloid, Yagak) will be able to drop all non-class specific Legendary Helmets
- This change will improve the variety of items in the Campaign.
- Previously, these bosses would only drop a selection of Legendaries (the same pool that was available in the Demo as well as the Cannonball Helmet).
- The Luck system will be improved and players should no longer experience very long droughts without a Legendary item dropped during endgame.
- The base scaling of Legendaries dropping through higher difficulty levels still applies, so you may will still want to farm as high as possible.
Signing In Issues:
- Our upcoming patch will include changes and improvements to the backend sign-in system which are aimed at improving sign-in times and mitigating against sign-in issues, especially on Xbox.
- For background:
- Currently, when the game signs in, it pulls any data tables related to balancing that have been updated since launch. Downloading a great number of these tables may be a root cause for the sign-in timing out and players ultimately getting stuck.
- We are now cooking the updated tables directly into our next patch, which should improve sign-in times significantly.
- For background:
- Our latest patch is undergoing testing, and we are hoping to release it early next week, though we will still confirm this. Some if its content can be found in the known issues list, but it will include a few other new things as well, including some potentially significant improvements for multiplayer sessions.
- The above sign in issue combined with the Legendary drop changes is one of the reasons why we needed a bit more time with this patch. We did not want to implement the Legendary drop changes via the backend while at the same time running the risk of negatively impacting sign-in times, so we needed a bit more time to add these changes into the patch.
Appreciation Package News:
- Suffice to say, this didn’t roll-out quite as planned. We’re sorry that many of you received a weapon you already previously had obtained. This was not our intention.
- We’re currently refining the appreciation package script and are planning to re-grant the package to players who will have claimed it between its initial release (last Thursday) and when it’s new version will be deployed (likely next week).
- Any items already obtained through it are not going to be removed from your inventory.
Same as always, once the patch is out, we’ll be sure to let our readers know.