Evil Mojo has today released the first big update to Paladins with the Eternal Pyre update! The Paladins update 2.28 January 6 patch is now live, and brings a new Battle Pass, balance changes, and bug fixes! Head on below for the full patch notes and info.
Paladins Update 2.28 January 6 Patch Notes:
Speeder Mount Updates
This patch we are introducing an overhaul to our speeder mount animation system. While riding the speeder mounts each Champion has gone from a single pose system to having 5 animated sequences, significantly improving the quality of all our speeder mounts.
- Talon Rifle/Pistol
- Talon Rifle
- Post-hit delay increased 1s -> 1.25s
- Talon Rifle
- Light machine Gun
- Damage per shot decreased 170 -> 160
- Unfair Advantage
- Reduced the duration increase 1|1 -> 0.8|0.8
- Nowhere to Hide
- Reduced duration of Reveal 1|1 -> 0.7|0.7
- Heavy Repeater
- Damage increased per shot 180 -> 190
- Battle Shout
- Increased Healing done 1000 -> 1100
- Sand Trap
- NEW: Duration of Cripple reduced by 1s
- Submachine Guns
- Damage decreased per shot 40 -> 36
- Reduced Movement Speed increase 30% -> 10%
- Up in Smoke
- Increased Movement Speed during Billow 8|8 -> 11|11%
- Base Health 3400 -> 4000
2020 PATCH 5 HOTFIX
- Fixed an issue where the Star Glam Blaster was not unlocked when the Star Glam skin was obtained in the Bounty Store.
- Fixed an issue where the Mana UI was not centered on the UI.
- Fixed an issue where Vortex Grip would not apply an increased Stun duration to enemies.
- Fixed an issue where the challenge “Kill Players with Presence after hitting them with Valor” could not be completed.
- Fixed an issue where the Merrymaker skin was not unlocked properly when obtained in the Bounty Store.
- Fixed an issue where the client would crash when Vora stood on the elevator in Foreman’s Rise or in the Wind on Warder’s Gate while using her Ultimate.
- Fixed an issue where the Darkness UI was not centered on the UI.
- Fixed an issue where Obliteration would not make Vora immune to Executes.
- Fixed an issue where the Inevitability card was missing 2D art.
- Fixed an issue where Vora was not damage-immune during the damage portion of her Ultimate.
- Fixed an issue where Vora’s Ultimate could execute enemies through certain damage-immune states.
- Fixed an issue where the challenge “Kill Players with Spite after hitting them with Counter” could not be completed.
- Fixed several collision issues on the updated Frozen Guard map.
- Fixed an issue where an item would be selected on Gamepad if hovered twice in quick succession.
- Fixed a number of potential crash cases that would occur in various menus.
- Fixed an issue where the Ranked UI scene displayed an incorrect number of days remaining for the Season.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect prompts for menus could display on screen when using Gamepad in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue where the Unlock button could improperly display on certain Chests after everything in the Chest was obtained.
2021 PATCH 1
- Fixed an issue where the Condescension card would activate multiple times when used with the Combustible talent.
- Fixed an issue where the Dominator and Mastery MVP Poses were using the incorrect poses.
- Fixed an issue where enemies could shoot through Shield in specific circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where rotating Fernando’s model slightly while Shield is active could cause some visual desync between where the shield is physically and visually.
- Fixed an issue where Jenos’ Astral Mark and Corvus’ Mark of Fate would have incorrect visual behavior on the Dragon.
- Fixed an issue where Vora could cancel her Ultimate animation early in certain circumstances.
- Fixed issues with Vora’s weapon shots not registering correctly against Terminus’ Power Siphon and Androxus’ Reversal.
- Fixed further collision issues with the updated Frozen Guard map.
Eternal Pyre Battle Pass
The Arcane Pacts Battle Pass will become unpurchaseable with the release of The Eternal Pyre. The Eternal Pyre Battle Pass will be available for purchase with the release of The Eternal Pyre patch.
Receive instant rewards for purchasing, and unlock over 100 more goodies just by playing and leveling up your Battle Pass. All players start earning Eternal Pyre Battle Pass experience as soon as the update is live. Battle Pass purchasers unlock premium rewards every level, along with the free track rewards.
The Eternal Pyre Battle Pass costs 600 Crystals, and rewards you just for playing. You can now unlock up to 450 Crystals through the Battle Pass Free Track, and an additional 150 through the Premium Track, making the Battle Pass FREE once completed. Explore our expanded content for each Champion featured in this Battle Pass.
Dive into this awesome Battle Pass with the Battle Passport, a one-time purchase that not only unlocks the new Battle Pass itself but the next 30 Battle Pass Levels so you can start playing with the Eternal Retribution Koga, Eternal Conflict Lian, and Eternal Guardian Khan right away!
The Battle Passport costs 1500 Crystals, saving you over 1000 Crystals!
BATTLE PASS CONTENT
Instant Unlocks (Exclusive to Battle Pass Purchasers)
- Eternal Retribution Koga
- Forged Destiny, Death Card
- Ikonic Depiction, Spray
- 50% Experience and Gold Boost
INSTANT UNLOCK – Eternal Retribution Koga
Level 10 – Eternal Conflict Lian
Level 30 – Eternal Guardian Khan
Level 50 – Eternal Fervor Jenos
BATTLE PASS PLUS REWARDS
Level 70 – Dark Retribution Koga
Level 90 – Dark Conflict Lian
Level 110 – Dark Guardian Khan
Level 120 – Dark Fervor Jenos
OTHER BATTLE PASS EXCLUSIVE UNLOCKS
- Unlockable during weekend event in February
That’s it for this Paladins patch! Don’t forget, the Hi-Rez Showcase event is set for tomorrow where we’ll see what the publisher has in store for Paladins, SMITE and Rogue Company’s future! Stay tuned here on MP1st for that.