Here’s something you wouldn’t have expected today: Sony has released the PS Vita update 3.74 firmware patch today! For those keeping score, it’s been more than two years since the handheld got any firmware updates, and this is for added account security. Read on for the PS Vita update May 10 patch notes.
PS Vita Update 3.74 Patch Notes | PS Vita Update May 10 Patch Notes:
Here’s what’s new per homebrewer StarWolf3000:
A new system software update for #PSVita (now 3.74) and #PS3 (now 4.89) was just released. Changes for both systems:
– Removed account creation from the PS3/Vita
– Removed some account management settings
– Device password required for sign-on
— StarWolf3000 (@starwolf326) May 10, 2022
Also of note: the PS3 has also gotten a firmware update today as well, and the homebrew scene is saying that it has the same patch notes as the Vita which are as follows:
- Signing in to PlayStation Network now requires a device setup password for enhanced account protection.
- Account creation for PlayStation network and some account management features are no longer available on the console. Use your PC or Mobile browser to use account management features with improved performance, speed, and safety
If there are more changes included in this PS Vita firmware update that we find, we’ll be sure to update the post accordingly.