While the big news this week regarding PlayStation is the PS5’s on-going beta that lets people add an M.2 SSD, PS4 owners aren’t being left out, as PS4 9.00 beta invites are being sent out today, and what’s more, we now know what’ll be in this firmware update!
- Related Reading: Seagate Firecuda 530 SSD Compatible With the PS5
Check your emails to see if you got an invite, but if you didn’t here are the main features coming with the PS4 9.00 beta:
Main features updated in this System Software Beta Program version
- You can now view trophies for PS5 games on PS4
- In Messages, if you’re the owner of a group, you can now delete it. Open the options menu, and then select [Delete Group]. If you delete a group, it will be deleted for all members.
- Now when you block someone, you can choose to also leave the group that only you and they are in at the same time. You won’t leave groups that include other players.
Other update features
- When a child requests to use communication features for
Yeah, it might not be as groundbreaking as what the PS5 gamers are currently testing with, but given the PS4’s lifecyle is winding down, it’s still good on Sony to be rolling out new features for the console.