It’s been a hectic day for PlayStation fans, as Sony has finally announced the PS5 release date and price(s)! In addition to that, the company also announced that PS5 game prices will be at $69.99! Yep, it’s officially official: next-gen game prices will be more expensive! While Sony has announced these as the price of their first-party offerings, note that not all games (in theory) will be at this price point for next-gen,though I fully expect AAA releases to cost this much.
Speaking of first-party, Sony has also announced the launch day games that will be available from Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) Worldwide Studios come November 12!
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
- Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)
Sony has also shared some of the upcoming games headed to the PS5 shown at the digital event.
- Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition (Capcom)
- Final Fantasy XVI (Square Enix)
- Five Nights at Freddy’s Security Breach (Steel Wool Studios and ScottGames)
- Hogwarts Legacy (Warner Bros. Games)
- New God of War title (Santa Monica Studio)
There’s more PS5 info making its way out, so stay tuned.
Source: PlayStation Blog