In case you didn’t know, in Red Dead Redemption 2, Rockstar Games has made it so that you can’t just magically grow a beard if and when you shave it off. You have to wait a couple of hours (yes, real hours!) before it starts growing back again, so you can style it to whatever you want.
If you’re curious how long it takes for some of Arthur’s facial hair to grow, wonder no more! Thanks to Red Dead Redemption 2 subreddit member mondomando, we now have a firm knowledge on how Arthur’s facial hair works! Yes, this is a quick Red Dead 2 beard guide for those who are interested in that sort of thing.
Bear in mind that all of the info shared below are said to be pulled from the official guide.
- Hair tonic doubles growth rate, stackable (×4, x8)
- Hair tonic lasts up to two stages of hair growth
- You can only grow one increment at a time before needing a screen fade (sleeping, respawning, fast travel, cut scenes, etc.) Hair pomade applied by barber lasts 5 in game days (2 if done yourself)
- Hair doesn’t grow past stage 7, beard goes to 10
- Beard stops growing without tonic at stage 6
GROWTH STAGES – REAL TIME:
- 1 – 1.6 hrs, 2 – 1.6 hrs, 3 – 3.2 hrs, 4 – 6.4 hrs, 5 – 9.6 hrs, 6 – 16 hrs 7 – 16 hrs, 8 – 12.8 hrs, 9 – 12.8 hrs, 10 – 20.8 hrs
- These are all without the hair tonic buff.