Just two weeks ago, we reported that a new and unannounced Legend called Octane was found in the Apex Legends game files. It seems, we might now know the character’s abilities!
Before diving deeper, note that the Apex Legends Octane image below is not verified, and could very well be fake. We’ve reached out to EA for a statement and will update the post if we get a reply. So treat everything with a grain of salt, alright?
Check out our first look at the character and his abilities below (via Reddit).
Octane – High Speed Daredevil
- Passive: Swift Mend – While not talking damage, Octane restores health over time.
- Tactical: Adrenaline Junkie – Move 30% faster for 6 seconds. Costs 10% health. Immune to slows while active.
- Ultimate: Deployable jump pad that catapults users through the air.
Not a bad set of abilities, no? The Swift Mend one sounds a bit OP, but Lifeline is pretty much the same, and it hasn’t upset the game balance yet.
Again, there’s no guarantee that this is legit, so treat this one as a rumor for now. Are you liking what you’ve seen of Octane so far? Do you think the character will disrupt the current meta?
Related Apex Legends Reading:
- Report: 8 New Apex Legends Heroes Unearthed Game Files and Here Are Their Names
- Apex Legends Hitbox for Characters Compared Side by Side, Here’s How Each One Fares
- Top 7 Reasons Why Apex Legends Can and Will Hook in Non-Battle Royale Fans