At Capcom’s showcase, the publisher ended the show with more info about the upcoming Resident Evil 4 remake! We get to see some Resident Evil 4 remake new gameplay footage, and new details regarding the game straight from Capcom!
While Capcom re-ran the reveal trailer from Sony’s State of Play (you can watch it here), we also got 30 seconds of new gameplay featuring Leon Kennedy:
In the digital show, Director Yasuhiro Ampo and Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi shared a few new details regarding the remake which we’ve listed below.
- Similar with other remakes they are carefully preserving what makes the original title special
- Updating with modern flourishes
- The Ganado have been completely redesigned
- Over the shoulder camera returns
- Emphisized on the feeling of lonliness and fear more so than the original
- People that have played the RE2 and RE3 remake will find the game familiar
Resident Evil 4 (Capcom isn’t exactly calling it RE4 Remake) is set for release this coming March 24, 2023 on the PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC.