Coming soon to every Xbox 360 this fall is a dashboard revamp further utilizing the Windows 8 visual theme.
You can be one of the first gamers to update and check out the new changes first. With this dashboard update includes a few noticeable changes with most of the available features listed below:
- Adds the Internet Explorer browser to Apps
- Dashboard tiles enlarged
- Adds “My Pins” panel
- Adds “Recent” panel
- Adds recommendation panels to Dashboard
- Smaller background stage size
- Fixes USB bug when unplugged from console
- Combined TV and Video into ‘TV & Movies‘
- Ability to name console from settings
- Added option to turn on SmartGlass
- Added option to enable Play To
You can sign up directly through the Xbox LIVE Nomination Survey site. Answer all of the questions honestly and then submit the form. Once you’re accepted, on the left pane you should see ‘Product Key’. Click that link and you will be then be able to ‘Request New Product Key’. This is the typical 25 digit code you will put into the Redeem Code area on Xbox.com or on your console.
Remember that this is a beta and you are not permitted to publicly show any of the material you see on the dashboard, including posting pictures and video. Participation is limited so make sure you register as quickly as you can.