If you’ve been keeping tabs on gaming news or have been looking forward to Respawn’s Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, chances are you’ve heard how the game is in a less-than-ideal state now when it comes to reliability and performance. While we’re waiting on Respawn to release a patch (or patches) for the game, we’ve compiled the Star Wars Jedi: Survivor known issues list when it comes to bugs and technical problems.
Note that this doesn’t probably isn’t the complete list but we did manage to compile a good list. Some are technical bugs while others are tied to gameplay. Regardless of classification, we hope Respawn fixes these ASAP.
Star Wars Jedi Survivor Known Issues and Bugs List (May 2023)
Known List of Star Wars Jedi Survivor Bugs
- Skill tree and main menu overlapping and you can’t close them.
- Experience not restored after attacking a B2 droid and/or Mogu that killed you.
- Unbound keys stop the tutorial progression.
- Arrow keys cannot be used for movement – A feature removed that was in Fallen Order.
- Non functional Xbox controller buttons when using a controller on PC.
- Game Reverting to Quality Mode After Cutscenes .
- Bode Mechanic’s freezing the Game in the Opening Act – Possible fixes – Turn tutorials off in the menu. Turning off film grain, chromatic aberration, and motion blur may also fix this bug.
- Freezes on Koboh After Southern Reach Meditation Point.
- Freezing After Forrest Array Cutscene.
- Find the Gorge’s Secret Rumor Not Completing – Players are completing and earning the reward for this quest, but it’s not being marked as complete in-game.
- Rayvis bossfight glitched (Won’t Die), Causing Players to be Stuck in the Fight – A glitch is causing players to be locked in Rayvis boss fight with no means of defeating them.
- Stuck in “collapsed passage” location – Players are being progression locked and getting stuck in this area. At the time, no workaround is known, but EA is aware of the problem.
- Stuck Outside the Senators Yacht .
- Stuck on top of The Forrest Array .
- Cannot progress after dying during greez kyro task (Chamber of Duality) – Players are being progression locked and getting stuck in this area. At the time, no workaround is known, but EA is aware of the problem.
- Cannot enter the room of Cere because of a stuck door – Changing difficulty settings may resolve this bug.
- Devastated Settlement – Second updraft inactive – Issue on all platforms, though on PC, if you changed any key binds, reverting them back to default may solve the issue, allowing progression again.
- Drya Thornne Bugs – After killing her, a cutscene will play, and the player is supposed to be rewarded with a new stance. However, Drya will spawn again and be invisible, and players will lose their new stance, unable to progress further in the game.
- Lucrehulk Elevators – The elevators in this place seemingly break for some users. A restart of the game should fix that issue.
- Focus Action Not Working – Sometimes, when trying to perform focus, the game won’t do it. A fix appears to be to turn off data sharing in the option menu.
Known List of Star Wars Jedi Survivor Technical Issues
- EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000000 – Not a fix for everyone, but updating your drivers may resolve this issue.
- Constant Crashes on Kobah – EA aware of issues.
- Crashes in General, are present on all platforms.
- General CPU-Utilization issues.
- PC Performance Issues (PC) – We recommend trying these steps outlined in our performance fix post to see if they work: Unofficial Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Performance Fix Improves Experience.
- Console Performance Issues – Sadly, you’ll need to wait for Respawn to issue a patch to smooth out the performance.
- Screen tearing – Reports of massive screen tearing when play on performance mode. We ourselves have encountered this issue on consoles.
- HDR Issues – Potential workaround fix here: Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Broken HDR Workaround for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S.
- Unexpected Error – Bypassing Story Elements – This seems to be a common error message that many have gotten, especially those playing new game plus. You can continue to see if the game breaks, but reloading an earlier save from the message may fix it. You’ll just lose progress. On Xbox, clearing the game’s cache may fix it.
- Unable to launch the game from the EA App – A number of possible fixes have been listed by the forum user MADragOn.
- Pre-order and Deluxe Edition Content Missing – Try these recommendations to see if the issue is fixed: Content Missing Fix.
Speaking of bugs, there is one major glitch that has surfaced that when encountered, will require the player to star their game from scratch!
We’ll continue to monitor and update this post as new bugs begin to surface, as well as when some will be fixed.
More Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Reading: