The Last of Us is just a little less than a month away and we still know very little about the multiplayer.
With God of War: Ascension now out, many speculated that the demo for The Last of Us that shipped with it was for a portion of the multiplayer, since it came with a countdown for release. This may have been proven true in the past days, as hackers have cracked and discovered files pertaining to The Last of Us multiplayer.
The details are as follows:
- Semi-auto Assault Rifle
- Shotgun Pistol (Pistole from UC3)
- 9mm Pistol
- Revolver Pistol
- You can mark enemies.
- Listen mode will allow you to “see” enemies by listening. The range for this is short, and you are physically handicapped when in this mode. Hold R2 for Listen mode.
- There will be a radar.
- You can get more info from the booster descriptions below:
- Group Mark – When you add a marker, all surrounding enemies are marked as well.
- Move Quietly – Make less noise when moving.
- Combo Boost – Start with a larger combo multiplier.
- Heal Friends – Health Kits heal nearby friends.
- Combo Time – Longer combo window.
- Melee Health – Get health back with each hit you land in melee combat.
- Mark Awareness – You can mark enemies through walls in Listen Mode.
Other booster descriptions (no names)
- Item pick-ups appear behind walls in Listen Mode.
- Slowly zoom while aiming any pistol.
- Upgrade melee weapons faster.
- Teammates within 5 meters also receive items you craft.
- Aim faster from behind cover.
- Know when enemies mark you.
- Non-weapon item pick-ups are displayed on your radar.
- Weapon pick ups are displayed on your radar.
- Recoil is reduced in cover.
- Revive fallen teammates faster, give them more HP, and get more XP.
- Sprint without showing on enemy radar.
- Teammates see enemies glow when you mark them.
- All enemies within 10 meters are displayed on radar.
- Shoot without showing on enemy radar.
- Reduce the distance that others can see you through walls in Listen Mode.
- Your markers remain 10 seconds longer.
- Modded melee weapons are more durable.
- Reinforced Melee Weapons Move faster in Listen Mode.
- Increase the visible distance in Listen Mode.
Teams (Not sure how this works)
- Team Bows: You and your teammates each start with a Bow and 5 arrows.
- Team Rifles: You and your teammates each start with a Rifle and 5 bullets.
- Team Shotguns: You and your teammates each start with a Shotgun and 5 shells.
- Team Health Kits: You and your teammates each start with a Health Kit.
- Team Revolvers: You and your teammates each start with a Revolver and 5 bullets.
- Team 9mm’s: You and your teammates each start with a 9mm Pistol and 5 bullets.
- Team Bombs: You and your teammates each start with a Bomb.
- Team Smoke Bombs: You and your teammates each start with a Smoke Bomb.
- Team Molotovs: You and your teammates each start with a Molotov.
While these aren’t 100% confirmed, none of them seem out of the possibility and it appears that it will follow the same multiplayer style as that found in Uncharted 3, with some changes and with a main focus on stealth and melee.