Announced just last month, War Z is an Open World MMO Survival title that takes place during the zombie apocalypse. Not to be confused with Arma’s II DayZ Mod, War Z is a completely new adventure and developed by a new and entirely different developer, Hammerpoint Interactive. The game is set to release this Fall, exclusively for PC at a price of $30.
About The Game
“It’s been five years since the outbreak; leaving in its wake a post-apocalyptic nightmare with ninety-five percent of the human population gone. In order to stay alive, you will need food, weapons, and other supplies. Some of you will be able to scavenge as you navigate the terrain, others will be forced to fight for survival as you encounter zombies and other players. Every decision will have an impact on whether you live or how quickly you die.”
“Survival Horror MMO that immerses players in a zombie-infested, post-apocalyptic world in which a viral outbreak has decimated the human population leaving, in its wake, a nightmare of epic proportion.”
Some of the features listed by PCGamer include:
- Big open worlds to explore between 200 to 400 square kilometers
- Two modes of play: Normal and Hardcore
- Combination of first-person and third-person perspectives
- Meld of PvE (player versus environment) and PvP (player versus player)
- Strong Role Playing Elements
- Multiple playable characters with customizable features
- Unique social elements, including bounties, help requests, trap setting, etc.
- Safe settlements where players can purchase, sell and store items as well as post notes for other players
- Dozens of unique skills that can be learned and improved
- Up to 250 players per game server
- New weapons and items become available as players explore the game world
- Full developer support with regularly scheduled, free content updates
- Dedicated public servers as well as private servers that can be completely self-managed in game client
- Single purchase, downloadable client with ability to play full game without subscriptions or requiring in-game transactions
Additionally there also won’t be any level caps, stats caps or class restriction as the goal of the WarZ is survival.
For those who are interested in participating in the closed Beta, you can join in by visiting the official beta pre-order page.