Previously only available as part of a Destiny 2 bundle, it now looks as if the white PS4 Pro will be launched as a standalone console purchase. UK retailer Smyths has listed the console for pre-order. It’s priced at £339.99 (~$444) and will apparently release on November 7.
Here’s the official feature list, according to the Smyths listing:
- Contains white 1TB Console, Controller, Mono Headset, HDMI cable, USB & power cables
- SPECTACULAR GRAPHICS: 4K TV owners can experience higher quality visuals, such as 4K quality resolution*1, as well as faster and more stable frame rates. HD TV users will also enjoy enhanced gameplay experiences on PS4™ titles in 1080p.
- ENHANCED GAMEPLAY: Supporting faster frame rates*3 for super-sharp and smoother on-screen action.
- HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE (HDR) TECHNOLOGY: Visuals are more realistic, strikingly vivid and truer to what the human eye sees in the real world.
- ULTIMATE SHARE PLAY AND REMOTE PLAY: Share or stream your games in stunning detail with visuals of up to 1080p and 60fps.
- MORE CONNECTIONS: Features 2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-Fi mode options and HDMI 2.0 output.
- TWO CONSOLES, ONE PS4™ FAMILY: Connect with friends on PlayStation®4 Pro and PlayStation®4 consoles, and hook up with the biggest online community of players with PlayStation®Plus*4.
- GAMES: All games are fully cross-compatible with PS4™ Pro and PS4™, and players compete online in the same multiplayer ecosystem.
- ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE: Double the power*2 with an incredible combination of visual quality and performance in a console.
There’s not yet any official word from Sony, but we’ll keep this post updated with any developments.
In other PlayStation news, these were the top five biggest PlayStation Paris Games Week 2017 reveals, check out these new official PS4 gaming glasses, and read how Microsoft accidentally advertised PlayStation Move instead of Kinect.