Currently available as a new Preview Alpha build, but no doubt soon to be launching as a full release, the latest Xbox One update boasts a range of useful new features. From a “Do Not Disturb” status, to the ability to sort achievements, there’s a lot to like here.
Check out the full list of patch notes below:
- Starting today at 6 p.m. PST, Xbox Insiders enrolled in the Alpha ring will receive the latest Xbox One system update (1802.180105-1503). With this update, you’ll be able to use the “Next Achievements” feature in the Guide, which enables you to view and sort a cross-games list of upcoming Achievements. Easily see which Achievements you are closest to, and quickly launch the game to obtain them. Sort filters allow you to prioritize next Achievements by closest, most common, rarest, most common rare, and highest Gamerscore.
- Mini Game Hubs will soon be available right in the Guide. With this feature, you’ll be able to access great content for the games you’ve played recently from a Game Hub without ever having to leave the action. Mini Game Hubs provide an easy way to see friends who are currently playing, upcoming Achievements, Looking for Group posts, and more.
- Sometimes all you want to do is avoid all distractions and focus entirely on your game. We’ll be including a “Do not disturb” online status, which will suppress notifications and let your friends know that you’re not available for another game or activity right now.
- We’re tweaking the community feed to make it easier to view comments. You’ll soon be able to see a peek of the most recent comment on community posts, with comments rearranged to place those that are most recent at the top. You’ll also be able to see who has liked your comments.
- To address user feedback, we’re adding additional inactivity shutdown options to the Power mode & startup menu. In addition to shutting down the console after one or six hours of inactivity, you will be able to select options for two, three, four and five hours.
Are you looking forward to seeing how Xbox evolves in 2018? I’m sure Microsoft has a lot of new features planned.
- 5 Games That Will Most Likely Be Delayed This 2018
- Sony Expects to Ship 130 PlayStation VR Games in 2018
- PUBG Update Now Live on Test Server, Adds New Microtransaction Crates, Tweaks Performance & More