Over the course of last night, Developer Sledgehammer Games updated Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC with a new patch, introducing 15 new Master Prestige levels for veteran players to work through.
Plans for the additional progression path were revealed earlier this week as a way to allow Advanced Warfare’s Max Prestige players to reach for new goals while earning new gear and Elite weapon drops along the way. You’ll see the new emblems under the Playercard menu.
More notably, however, is that Season Pass owners will now notice a neat little gift in their armory in the form of a new Directed-Energy Heavy Weapon called the “Ohm” and a variant called the “Ohm – Werewolf”.
Taking the seemingly extremely versatile weapon for a spin, it appears to have the ability to take on both the role of a Light Machine Gun and a Shotgun, switching between the two at the press of a button, akin to The Ripper in Call of Duty: Ghosts. In its fully-automatic assault mode, the Ohm fires single projectiles fairly accurately, but gets wild and crazy when firing from the hip with a massive spread radius. Things get scary when switching it to shotgun mode, however, turning it into a fully-automatic beast machine that fires a volley of energy pellets.
UPDATE: We recommend checking out Drift0r’s In Depth episode on the Ohm to get a good picture of its capabilities.
Though patch notes aren’t available as of this writing, nor has any official announcement been made, we suspect the Ohm is part of Advanced Warfare’s upcoming second multiplayer expansion, Ascendance, granted early to Xbox One and Xbox 360 Season Pass holders, as was the AE4 Assault Rifle earlier this year.
Below are the official patch notes for Advanced Warfare’s latest update, now out on Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC. According to developer Sledgehammer Games, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 platforms are still awaiting first party approval, meaning the update is expected to roll out some time next week.
You’ll also find a new Early Access trailer for the Ohm LMG/Shotgun, available in Advanced Warfare DLC 2, above.
DLC 1 Havoc New Content [PC]
- New Maps Added for Multiplayer and Exo Survival: Drift, Urban, Core, and Sideshow.
- New Mode Added: Exo Zombies.
- New Weapon Added: AE4, and 10 of the AE4 variants have been added to the loot pool.
- Added DLC playlists; HAVOC TDM and HAVOC Mosh Pit.
- Added the Havoc DLC maps to the map rotation in the Hardcore Mosh Pit playlist.
- Full Royalty Character Loot Set unlocked.
- Connectivity Optimizations
- Connectivity and matchmaking improvements when in a party.
- Added 15 Master Prestige ranks and Grand Master Prestige.
- Added 15 more Daily Supply Drop Challenges.
- Fixed a rare issue where players were not able to spawn into the game.
- Fixed the sound of the SAC3 with the Suppressor Attachment to not play in stereo to all players on the map.
- Fixed a rare issue where players would spawn without a gun.
- Players will now be shown a “Player does not own the map pack” message when a player without the Havoc DLC joins their party.
- Added the ability for purchased Create-A-Class slots to appear in Private Matches.
- [Xbox One] Connectivity improvement to Xbox Live servers when returning from Energy-Saving mode.
- [Xbox One, Xbox 360] Fixed a rare crash issue with signing out with one player while split screen.
- [Xbox 360] Reduced the max number of players in a Private Match to 10.
Weapon Balancing Updates
Note: Adjustments affect base weapon and all loot variants
- Heavy weapons: increase player movement speed by 5%
- Corrected scopes on the AE4.
- MK14 – reduced recoil
- ARX160 – increased magazine size
- AMR9 – increased damage, decreased time between bursts
- SN6 – reduced recoil
- KF5 – mid damage range increased
- Atlas 45 – mid damage range increased, max damage range increased
- PDW – increased damage
- Shotguns: reduced spread when using Gung-Ho
- S12 – increased fire rate, increased damage
- EPM3 – reduced recoil
- Lynx – reduced recoil
- ASM1 – slightly reduced initial fire rate
- Rare Supply Drop Error messages when opening fixed.
- Added a display for how many free slots you have in the Armory from the “Redeem Items” menu.
- Replaced the camouflage images for Diamond and Royalty with the correct images in the Create-A-Class menu.
- Replaced the Valkyrie loadout for the Centurion loadout for players who were incorrected rewarded this character gear in Clan Wars.
- Fixed an issue where duplicates of unlocked items were showing in the New Items list.
- Fixed an issue where some Create-A-Class were showing the incorrect lock status when selecting a Permanent Unlock when Prestiging.
- Adjusted kill feed speed from 4 seconds to 6 seconds.
- Removed ability to earn more than one of a non-redeemable character gear from the Daily Supply Drop Challenges.
- Players will no longer receive a Daily Supply Drop Challenge for non-redeemable gear they have already acquired.
- Removed the incorrect challenge for the Crossbow Scope to unlock at 10 kills.
- [Xbox One] Players with other profiles who purchased DLC on the same console are now able to properly purchase DLC on their own profile.
- Fixed an issue where the Emblem would sometimes apply incorrectly to the player card.
- Sentry Gun turrets now die in one melee hit.
- Decreased the amount of time the player has to hold X to exit a remote controlled Sentry Turret.
- Unmodified Missile Strike missiles now travel faster when boosting (by hitting the fire button while coming down).
- The Vulcan laser scorestreak now fires longer.
Ranked Play Updates
- Added probation time for players who do not complete or disconnect from Ranked Play matches.
- Will properly award Division Points in the case of a forfeited match (when the entire other team leaves).
- Adjusted the colors and over all look for Broadcaster mode to make text and names easier to read and a better experience for viewers.
- Fixed a rare issue where HUD elements would get stuck on the broadcaster’s screen.
Game Mode Specific Updates
- S&D: Added UI to show if you were attacking or defending at the start of the round.
- One Shot: Increased Kill Confirmed score limit to 80 in the One Shot Mosh Pit playlist.
- Gun Game: Added a leaderboard for Gun Game.
- Momentum: Adjusted spawn locations for the Drift map.
- Uplink: Fixed an issue where the satellite drone could get stuck on the Clown Inn sign.
Map Specific Updates
- Fixed various out of map exploits across different multiplayer maps.
- Fixed an issue where Orbital Care Packages were removed from areas of the map on Drift after the dynamic map event.
- Fixed an issue where indestructible objects would show up on the Sideshow map.
- Adjusted the A Bomb site location on Sideshow.
- Fixed a performance issue with some of the dynamic map pieces on the Core map.
- Adjusted spawns locations for the Drift map..
- Fixed Aerial Assault Drone and Recon Drone out of world exploits on the Sideshow map.
Exo Survival Updates
- Fixed various out of map exploits across different multiplayer maps.
Exo Zombies Updates
- Added ability for players to pause the game in single-player Private match.
- Fixed an issue where players were not able to join a match together while in a party.
- Fixed various out of map exploits where players could remain in place and not be attacked by zombies.
- Removed the ability for host to start the match before players were ready in a Private Match setting.
- Fixed an issue for the 20/20 Achievement so weapons that are reacquired after leveling it up to level 20 still count towards the achievement status.
- Exo Zombies intro movie is now skippable.
- Fixed a rare crash issue in Exo Zombies.
- Fixed an issue where certain camos were missing for the ARX160.
- Fixed an issue where the pop-up messaging for Player 2 could only be closed by Player 1.
- Fixed a rare issue where the After Action Report was showing the incorrect map information after joining a Private Match.