To say that November has not been a very good month for huge AAA publishers would be an understatement; Activision Blizzard is still deeply entrenched in controversies, Rockstar Games has been called out for their buggy launch of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – Definitive Edition across all platforms, and Electronic Arts and DICE themselves are now facing the pushback from a buggy launch of their own. Despite a middling score on Metacritic, Battlefield 2042 is now one of Steam’s worst rated games of all-time, breaking the bottom ten of the veritable Hall of Shame on Steam 250.
- Related Reading: Battlefield 2042 Upcoming Changes and Fixes in Next Update Outlined
If you’re wondering how this came to be, then look no further than the Steam reviews for Battlefield 2042, which now sits at Mostly Negative across its more than 35,000 reviews (at the time of writing). Checking the bottom ten games at Steam 250, we see this list:
- eFootball 2022 – (1.25, , 23,845 votes)
- Flatout 3: Chaos and Destruction – (1.54, 2,941 votes)
- Uriel’s Chasm – (1.73, , 2,744 votes)
- Kinetic Void – (1.83, , 1,516 votes)
- Spacebase DF-9 – (1.86, , 4,136 votes)
- Identity – (2.17, , 1,948 votes)
- GASP – (2.26, , 1,592 votes)
- Battlefield 2042 – (2.43, , 35,603 votes)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon World – (2.46, , 5,439 votes)
- Godus – (2.53, , 7,064 votes)
What makes this even worse is that of the ten games in the list, Battlefield 2042 holds the most number of reviews owing to the game’s popularity. It dwarfs the top stinker, Konami’s eFootball 2022, by more than 10,000 votes. One of the best-rated Steam reviews compiled all the list of issues with Battlefield 2042, and it’s a good read to see just why so many people are upset with the release.
All of this said, we are encouraging gamers to be civil in letting their issues known with any game. Also, at the end of the day, if you yourself enjoyed it, then good for you. At the same time though, it’s clear that Battlefield 2042 is plagued by many issues, and here’s hoping both EA and DICE can get it together to fix these problems for players.
Source: Steam 250