Announced last week, DICE has revealed that all chat functionality will be available tomorrow as part of Battlefield 2042 next update 4.1.1! In addition to the communication feature, there’s also a host of improvements included as well, which are listed in the official patch notes below.
Battlefield 2042 Next Update 4.1.1 Patch Notes:
- All-Chat functionality is now available. You can once again congratulate the other team for dancing on top of your downed body.
- All-Chat will be turned off by default when this update goes live. If you wish to partake in friendly chatter with the opposing team then you’ll need to turn this feature on via Options > Display > HUD General > Chat Section.
- Resolved an issue for console players that were unable to assign an input to Chat Visibility.
- You will now be able to assign an input via Options > Controller > Edit Controller Mapping > Menu
- Resolved an issue that resulted in the CAV-Brawler “Earthshaker” Vehicle Skin from interacting with world objects.
- Resolved an issue that prevented some players from selecting equipment from the second and third Weapon Station / Pods within the Vehicles Collection Screen.
- Resolved an issue that resulted in some players losing access to Irish’s APS-36 Shootdown Sentinel.
- The Damage Dealt Statistic at the End-of-Round Screen was shown for players more often than intended, this has now been adjusted to its intended frequency.
DICE has also confirmed that by all chat will be switched off by default. Here’s how to turn it on once patch 4.1.1 is released and installed:
If you wish to partake in friendly chatter with the opposing team then you’ll need to turn this feature on via Options > Display > HUD General > Chat Section.
Note that all chat will be activated at 12:00 UTC/8 am ET/5 am PT/8 pm HKT. Once the patch is out, we’ll be sure to let our readers know.