DICE has released the Battlefield 2042 update 1.03 patch this November 18, which is the first client-side patch for the game. Given we’re still in early access phase, the actual day-one update should be out on November 19 when the game is formally released this November 19 on all platforms. There is a 60-minute maintenance period when the patch is released.
Battlefield 2042 Update 1.03 Patch Notes | BF2042 Update 1.03 Patch Notes:
Unfortunately, this is not the big day-one patch that fixes a ton of in-game bugs, or adds a proper scoreboard and whatnot. DICE has announced what the patch is for, and it fixes “critical issues” identified in the game at the start of the early access period, though there are gameplay-related fixes in this. Here are the full patch notes:
Tommorrow we'll publish a small update to #Battlefield2042 across all Platforms.
ℹ️ This update provides fixes for critical issues identified prior to the start of Early Access
The update will go live at 0800 UTC. Servers will be offline for 60 Minutes whilst we make changes. pic.twitter.com/bWYaVUDYaX
— Battlefield Direct Communication (@BattlefieldComm) November 17, 2021
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Implemented Server Side upgrades that are targeted at reducing instances of Rubber Banding, often experienced in the later part of a round in All-Out Warfare modes.
- Significantly reduced instances of stuttering when playing on Breakaway. If the Silo’s are destroyed, it should no longer reduce performance on the server.
- A note that we are continuing to investigate similar occurrences that have been reported to us on other maps.
- When looking at allies on your team, their names will now correctly display.
- Adjusted the animations for Falck during the End of Round sequence to ensure that she is displayed correctly.
- Updated a skin earnable for Boris via Mastery Progression with a new name: Gator.
- Ensured that TDM Rounds in Battlefield Portal always start with Random Deploy set as active. We observed that this sometimes wasn’t active when moving from round to round, but have now fixed this.
- Applied a set of measures that ensure the correct number of AI spawn in Custom Battlefield Portal modes using the Free for All preset.
- PC Only – Enabled Specialist Selection in Hazard Zone via mouse interaction, removing the need to lock in your selection with the Spacebar.
- Fixed a rare occurrence in Hazard Zone that would sometimes cause the End of Round flow to not activate correctly, ensuring that the correct amount of bonus XP was awarded.
- Repaired an issue found in Hazard Zone that could cause players to be shown on the Map when they were not visible, or spotted.
For the full list of known issues includes weapon, map and more, check out the official list by EA.
DICE has also shared that there are two more updates scheduled within the next 30 days, which includes balance changes, qualtiy-of-life enhancements, and more.