A server update for Battlefield 3 is being rolled out shortly that should provide some fixes to the number of issues being reported by the community. According to our earlier report on server issues, it sounded like these problems should have already been fixed. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out. Since this is a server side update, user’s don’t need to download any patches or update their client. The fixes that DICE listed on the Battlelog can be found below:
- Fix for crashes usually occurring during level switches. Server providers may see a little bit of memory leakage instead in this situation
- Game servers should no longer quit in some situations where the online backend servers are down. Server will reconnect to the backend once it’s up again
- Fix for ghost servers which didn’t accept connections
- Kick reasons should better match situations where they are issued. This will help battlelog provide more accurate information to the player
- Connection fixes to avoid players sometimes being rejected while joining the game server on one of the last slots
- Security updates
- Improved server logging
We are still awaiting details of an upcoming patch that DICE have stated they are looking into. To keep updated, follow us on Twitter and Facebook!
Want to learn how to be a better pilot in Battlefield 3? Check out our latest multiplayer guide!