Battlefield 4 Premium members on the PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Xbox 360 get their hands on Second Assault today.
The multiplayer expansion reimagines four fan-favorite Battlefield 3 maps in the Frostbite 3 engine, introduces five new weapons, and reintroduces the Capture the Flag game mode that first appeared in Battlefield 3’s End Game DLC. Nearly three months after its release on the Xbox One last November, Premium members on other platforms will be able to download it today. Non-Premium members can get their hands on Second Assault two weeks later for $14.99.
Alongside the DLC’s release, developer DICE has also launched a brand new game update on the Xbox 360, which addresses occurrences of game crashes and the enemy health cards incorrectly displaying 0% after they’ve killed you. A game update launched for the PC version of the game last week.
Check out the full patch notes below for today’s update:
Battlefield 4 February 18 Patch Notes
- Fix for an issue where spawning into, or switching to, a gunner seat in an IFV/MBT sometimes could cause the game to crash
- Fix for missing sound in Team/Squad Deathmatch
- Fix for an issue in the Defuse game mode, where a bomb carrier would be permanently spotted
- Fix for an issue that would appear if a 10 users party would join a game with 8 available slots, leaving 2 of the players stuck on the loading screen
- Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive
- Fix for an invisible wall that was incorrectly present in one of the fallen concrete pipes on Zavod 311
- Fix for an issue where bullet impact sounds weren’t properly matching the actual number of impacts, causing the players to feel that they died too quickly.
- Fix for an issue where the “Draw” message would not display on-screen once a Conquest round ended with both teams having the same amount of tickets
- Fix for an issue where long IDs wouldn’t scroll on dog tags
- Fix for missing grass physics in terrain
- Fix for an issue where the player camera would be positioned inside of the soldier when parachute spawning
- Fix for a MAV exploit that let players reach various out-of-map locations
Interestingly, Xbox 360 users on Reddit are reporting that their Veteran Battlepacks are now appearing since downloading the update. Users on the Xbox One, PC, or PlayStation don’t appear to have such luck. Originally, it was announced that the Battlepacks would be released sometime in March for those who have played a previous Battlefield title. Opening a Veteran Battlepack will reward you with the following in-game items:
- 100 XP in-game bonus
- 3X Scope for the .44 Magnum
- ACB-90 knife
- Special soldier camo
Also available today, as a part of Player Appreciation Month, are Handgun and Designated Marksman Rifle shortcut kits. Both are downloadable for free until Monday, February 24, and unlock all Handguns and DRMs originally available in the base game.
Handgun Shortcut Kit:
- SHORTY 12G
- .44 MAGNUM
- Compact 45
DMR Shortcut Kit:
- MK 11 MOD 0
- M39 EMR
- ACE 53 SV
- SCAR-H SV
Check your in-game store or Origin for details on the Second Assault DLC and shortcut kits. See you on the Battlefield!