As part of DICE’s continued communications with the Battlefield V player base, the studio has outlined some of the key info and announcements coming next week, and this includes our first look at Tides of War’s first chapter called Overture!
Announced by Global Community Manager Dan Mitre, check out the complete list of upcoming Battlefield V info, along with a super brief Q&A.
Sneak Peak into Communications Roadmap for Week of November 26th
- Coming Next Week
- Call to Action
- Only in Battlefield Moments – Here’s you chance to share your best OIB moments with us for possible sharing on the Battlefield channels. Bring your best!
- Battlefield V Server Update – Some tweaks and improvements on the server side that should resolve some outstanding issues. This will not require a client update.
- Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Teases – We’re starting to hype up the upcoming release of Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture. Stay tuned as we roll out news and information.
- Battlefield V Airlift Drops – A blog detailing the various Airlifts you get with Deluxe Edition.
Community Feedback Cycle on This Week’s Communications
- Launch – Battlefield V Worldwide Launch for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4
- How come we didn’t get an update upon Standard Edition launch to fix some of the more prominent issues we’re experiencing?
- Jaqub Ajmal (Producer): We’ve been working on a new update coming right out of the Battlefield V 11-14-2018 update released the day before Deluxe Edition launch. There’s always a need to measure the risk of adding more to an update that is being worked on. For example, we could already be in the test verification phase of an upcoming update when a new issue is found by the players and adding more fixes to it might invalidate previous testing which essentially means starting that process again from the beginning, leading to an update that would most likely have to be delayed. So, we’ve lined up a new update to drop on December 4th with the Tides of War: Chapter 1 Overture release.
- Why can’t we cut down fences with our melee weapon anymore?
- Dan Mitre (Global Community Manager): We’ve placed more of an importance on the ability to build (and destroy) objects that have a strategic value on the Battlefield: fortifications. Therefore, our system focuses on the ability to build these up quickly (Support gets a build perk) and destroying them with ample power (tank shell, grenade, AT rocket, etc.).
- Will we get the ability to earn more tokens in the future to unlock other customization items?
- Ryan McArthur (Producer): There’s nothing planned at the moment.
- Will you be addressing the low volume of enemy footstep audio?
- John Wasilczyk (Executive Producer): This is something we are investigating. We’ll let you know more once we have more information to share.
- Will players get retroactively awarded Company Coin for the coin they missed by being max Rank?
- JW: Ensuring our players feel rewarded, even at max rank, is important. We are also looking further into this and will share information once we’re ready.
Once we know more info about Overture, we’ll be sure to let our readers know. In the meantime, go read up on why Breakthrough might be the best PTFO mode in the game, and why it might be the new Rush. DICE has also confirmed that the time-to-kill and time-to-death of Battlefield V will be tweaked.