Only a few more days to go until the highly anticipated level cap and Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode go live. To recap, the UVHM adds a third playthrough that can be completed or reset as many times to your heart’s content.
Even more details from Gearbox’s community manager Chris F.have recently surfaced, detailing what exactly we can expect this playthrough to be like.
Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50.
- Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu.
- No more tutorial missions — characters in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode begin in Southern Shelf with the “Cleaning Up the Berg” mission.
- While playing in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, enemies and bosses will scale according to the player’s current level or, if playing with others, the highest-level player in that party.
- Gameplay changes in UVHM:
- Enemy health generally increased 4x.
- Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.
- Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.
- Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.
- Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
- Enemies now more likely to drop ammo.
- Loot Midgets are now “Legendary Loot Midgets” that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.
With the given details, it looks like this playthrough will truly test who’s the ultimate bad-ass vault hunter and will require you to have very top tier loot in order to conquer it.
Expect the Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode to be available for free on April 2nd, as a part of a patch that’s set to go live at the same time. Those who want to maximize their Borderlands 2 experience, you’ll be able to purchase the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack for $4.99 USD or 400 Microsoft Points, which adds 11 new levels and skill points, as well as Pearlescent tier loot and E-tech Eridium artifacts.
Are you guys excited for the much tougher playthrough? Let us know in the comment section below!