New updates are in store for Sledgehammer Games’ near-future shooter, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
On both Xbox One and Xbox 360, the titles first downloadable expansion pack, called Havoc, is now available on the Xbox Live Marketplace (Xbox One, Xbox 360). You’ll also eventually be able to find it in Advanced Warfare’s in-game store.
As highlighted earlier, it introduces four new multiplayer maps to the mix – Core, Urban, Sideshow, and Drift. It also brings back the popular zombie survival mode made famous by the World at War and Black Ops series, but this time with a high-tech twist in what the studio is calling Exo Zombies. You can catch a round-up of new multiplayer and zombies gameplay if you fancy a look. Lastly, gamers will also gain access to the new AE4 directed energy assault rifle and all of its variants.
In addition to the new content, both the Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions of the game have been updated with a 1.7 GB and 35 MB patch, respectively. As of this writing patch notes for either aren’t quite available just yet, but as studio head Michael Condrey hinted during yesterday’s livestream of the new DLC, we know some hefty balance changes are in store for Advanced Warfare’s weapons.
Update – Advanced Warfare Jan 27 Game Update Notes
Sledgehammer has posted details on the latest Xbox One and Xbox 360 patches which cover a broad range of fixes and tweaks, including weapons, maps, scorestreaks, and more. According to the studio, the PlayStation and PC updates are pending first party approval.
As a side note, Activision has stated that support is aware that “some players who have downloaded and installed the Havoc DLC pack are being given an error stating ‘A downloadable content package was removed or all profiles are signed out’.”
“We are actively investigating this issue and hope to have a resolution as quickly as possible,” reads the support page.
It also suggests checking “your active downloads to ensure that all updates and compatibility packs are fully downloaded and installed before attempting to access the content.” In addition, “clearing the cache on Xbox 360 or Xbox One may resolve this issue,” in some cases.
Likewise, Xbox Support is also “on the case,”. Right now, the official page lists Purchase and Content Usage as “Limited”.
For now, have a look at the full list of patch notes.
- Adjusted the center point of some sniper scopes.
- Fixed a rare crash issue when switching profiles for guest users.
- Fixed a rare crash issue when using camos on a weapon.
- Fixed the sound of the SAC3 with the Suppressor Attachment to not play in stereo to all players on the map.
- Various matchmaking and connectivity improvements.
- Fixed issue where announcer’s voice ignores the in-game option to disable it.
- Fixed a rare issue when the Riot Shield would not be selected when changing classes.
- Various adjustments to the Riot Shield; including model popping up at random, mantling onto, jumping off from, and interaction with grenades.
- Fixed an exploit of rapidly firing a bolt action gun while sprinting.
- Adjusted the time limit expiration for Red Baron gear after challenge has been completed.
Weapon Balancing Updates (Note: Adjustments affect base weapon and all loot variants)
- HBRa3: max damage range increased
- AE4: reduce recoil, increase number of shots before overheating
- EPM3: reduce recoil
- MK14: reduce recoil [Xbox 360]
- Tac-19: max damage range increased, reduced spread when using Gung-Ho
- S-12: increased fire rate, reduced spread when using Gung-Ho [Xbox 360]
Security and Anti-Cheat Updates
- Added security updates and features.
- Fixed a rare issue when Supply Drops would not open.
- Adjusted kill feed speed.
- Updated base AE4 icon as it was displaying the AE4 Widowmaker weapon. [Xbox 360]
- Updated Playlist Menu. [Xbox 360]
- Fixed issues with localization copy in the in-game store. [Xbox 360]
- Updated sorting of Character Gear within Customization menu. [Xbox 360]
- Adjusted UI of Exo Abilities descriptions for better readability.
- Fixed an issue where the default player was not always being displayed properly in the Virtual Lobby.
- Fixed a rare issue where the player is unable to sign into their Call of Duty account if connection is interrupted.
- Added new Supply Drop Daily Challenges. [Xbox 360]
- Added confirmation window when kicking a member from a clan.
- Fixed a rare issue where Clan Wars Bonus XP was not being awarded.
- Fixed an issue where clan members could see your presence even if you were set to appear offline.
- Fixed various issues with players not having access to the AE4 with the Season Pass.
- Fixed an issue where an item was not being marked “Purchased” in the in-game store after installing.
- Improvements to the in-game Store UI and purchasing.
- Game will no longer prompt a player to install Atlas Gorge if they already have it.
- Fixed a rare issue with emblems on a second profile that’s signed in a guest.
- Removed skull HUD element from System Hack Scorestreak UI effect.
- Adjusted the score value the System Hack Scorestreak.
- Adjusted the view of the XS1 Vulcan Killcam.
- Fixed a rare occurrence of the Goliath Drop Pod getting stuck after colliding with an air-based Scorestreak.
- Fixed a rare occurrence of the Orbital Care Package getting stuck after colliding with an air-based Scorestreak.
- Fixed a rare issue where a player could become “invisible” when calling in a Scorestreak.
- Fixed a rare issue where a players HUD would become blurry when using a co-op Scorestreak.
Broadcaster UI Updates
- Addressed rare issue with eSports Broadcaster HUD disappearing. [Xbox 360]
Ranked Play Updates
- Addressed issue where Join Session in progress in Ranked Play was still active. [Xbox 360]
- Addressed issue where players were dropping multiple divisions after a match in Ranked Play. [Xbox 360]
- Addressed rare issue with wins counting as losses in Ranked Play. [Xbox 360]
- Adjusted Ranked Play restrictions to include Exo Stim and Exo Cloak.
- Improvements to party matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue when quitting a match in a promotional game where it wouldn’t update correctly.
- Fixed an issue where there was an excessive penalty if a player quits after playing several rounds in a multi-round match.
- Added Ranked Play Division icons in-game to replace existing rank icons and text in scoreboard.
Game Mode Specific Updates
- Adjusted various spawning logic for Capture the Flag game mode.
- Adjusted various spawning logic for Momentum game mode.
- Fixed issue where the CTF flag was unresponsive to players that were on top of the flag when it spawned.
- Fixed an issue with the CTF flag not returning if a player was standing on top of the spawn point.
- Addressed rare issue where CTF flag was not being returned immediately.
- Fixed issues with planting the bomb after attempting to swap weapons in Search and Destroy.
- Adjusted dynamic event timing in Search and Destroy & Search and Rescue.
- Adjusted various spawning logic for Uplink game mode.
- Uplink Satellite Drone now freezes when round timer ends.
- Adjusted passing distance for the Uplink Satellite Drone.
- Fixed an issue where going out of bounds on certain areas of the map would cause the Uplink Satellite’s physics to behave strangely upon reset.
- Randomized loadouts to survivors in Infected.
Map Specific Updates
- Fixed an issue where players were able to exploit certain objects to go Out of Map.
- Fixed various Out of Map exploits across different multiplayer maps.
- Fixed an issue where the Uplink Satellite Drone could get stuck in blue barrier on the Detroit map.
- Adjusted Warbird flight path on Atlas Gorge.
Exo Survival Updates
- Updated various Exo Survival system mechanics and bugs.
- Fixed a UI issue where the “Reviving” progress bar was not being displayed while under the effects of a “System Hack.”
- Fixed problems caused by the player disconnecting the controller before the class selection menu pops up.
- AI will no longer target a player while in the class selection menu.
Single Player / Campaign Updates
- Fixed various lighting in the Single Player campaign level, Captured.