Treyarch has once again rolled out a new Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 update (no, not the “larger” one the studio hinted at yesterday), and this one brings TDM back to parties of six instead of five! It also changes the featured playlists and more.
Check out the Black Ops 4 update rolled out via hotfix below (via Reddit):
We’ve made the following changes to the game today (Global):
- General stability improvements and crash fixes.
- The Featured playlist tiles for Multiplayer and Blackout have changed today. This is part of the regular rotation of Featured playlists – more details to come on how Featured playlists will work in Black Ops 4 in a separate update.
- 100-Player Duos
- 100-Players Duos is now the Featured playlist for Blackout.
- 88-Player Quads
- Quads playlist is now 88 maximum players. We’re continuing to update various game settings to ensure the best experience for all players across all platforms and modes.
- 100-Player Duos
- Playlist Updates
- TDM playlist now supports parties of 6 (was previously 5).
- Featured playlist changed to Heist.
- Custom Games
- Custom Search and Destroy games will now correctly conclude after one team wins 6 rounds total, fixing an issue where custom games previously ended at round 7.
- Addressed a crash caused by earning multiple Medals in a match.
- Playlist Updates
- Addressed a UI error caused by losing Internet connection in split screen.
We’ve also made the following additional update specific to PC:
- Stability Improvements
- Fixed a crash occurring during initial boot of the game for some users.
- Fixed a crash when disconnecting from a Blackout match.
- Fixed a crash occurring when managing multiple windows simultaneously in Blackout.
- Fixed a crash when browsing unlockable Items.
- Fixed crashes occurring when changing texture quality.
- Fixed a performance issue when changing Clan tags.
- Improved handling of “Out of Memory” errors.
- Additional stability fixes listed in today’s update from /u/TreyarchPC: https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/9oqgsd/call_of_duty_black_ops_4_pc_updates/
- Addressed an issue that caused Hellhounds to exhibit some very… un-doglike behavior in Zombies.
- “Object View Distance” setting now properly renders objects further on “High” than on “Low” in Blackout.
In addition to the topics listed in our previous updates over the past week, we’re currently tracking the following recent topics:
- Zombies Easter Egg Quests
- We’re aware of some instability issues currently affecting the Easter Egg quests, and will address these in a major update coming soon. Thanks for your patience.
- Multiplayer Audio
- We’ve seen some reports of audio volumes in Multiplayer not sounding quite as expected, particularly with footsteps. We’ve passed these onto the appropriate teams for evaluation. In the meantime, please be sure to try out the different custom presets in our Audio settings under Options to find a mix that works best for you.
- PC Hellion Salvo Crash
- PC players will currently crash when equipping the “Hunt” weapon camo and Fast Lock attachment on the Hellion Salvo launcher. We’re fixing this in an upcoming update – in the meantime, please avoid using this camo/Attachment combination on the Hellion Salvo to prevent crashing.
- Teammate Names Disappearing
- Some players are reportedly seeing their teammates’ player names disappearing temporarily during MP matches, making it difficult to tell friend from foe. We’re investigating this as well.
- Xbox One Deluxe Edition Items
- We’re aware some users are still having trouble accessing their Shadowman and Classified content consistently on Xbox One, even after manually downloading the items. We’re continuing to investigate to see what can be done on our end to solve this.
If you need some help, don’t forget to check out our top five Specialists that are easy to use list.