With Cisco being the world leader in networking solutions, earning one of its certifications confers several advantages to the candidates seeking to establish a career in this area. Among these benefits are:
- Proven Expertise
Cisco certifications demonstrate one’s skills and expertise in operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting Cisco networking products. Also, an individual proves his/her proficiency in working with enterprise-level Cisco-based networks.
- Launch Pad to Advanced Qualifications
As an IT professional, you might envision yourself as a future team leader or manager as soon as you have the necessary experience. Cisco certificates open the door to do just that. By obtaining one of them, you are already on your way to attaining Cisco professional- or expert-level credentials, resulting in more opportunities for developing your career.
- Increased Earnings
Nowadays, companies have compartmentalized pay scales based on several factors. Even so, certified IT professionals earn more than those who don’t have any certification. According to this article, the CCENT certificate holders earn 8 to 13% more of their base pay.
- Other Benefits of the CCENT Certification
Within the IT industry, recruiters, solution providers, and other employers covet certifications. For instance, Cisco credentials indicate that a potential candidate has the competence, initiative, and ability to design, implement, and maintain core technology in compliance with industry standards.
Let’s assume you are attending an interview in a new tech firm. Over the years, you have accumulated a set of skills, but how do you prove this during the interview? Remember that interviewers typically make decisions based on limited knowledge. By submitting your CCENT certification, you assure your potential employers of your skills and competence. Plus, between two candidates with the same experience, the one who has a certificate is most likely to get the post.
If you would like to get the Cisco CCENT certification, you need to pass the Cisco 100-105, Interconnecting Cisco Internetworking Devices Part 1 exam. The ICND1 test is the initial step towards obtaining the CCENT credential. It validates the student’s knowledge and skills in network routing and switching technologies, infrastructure maintenance, and infrastructure services. Passing this certification test sets the candidates on the path to a successful networking career in Cisco networking solutions.
The 100-105 exam consists of 45-55 questions and has the time limit of 90 minutes. The candidates will have to answer multiple-choice questions with single/multiple answers, simulations, drag and drop, testlets, and simlets. The test is available in English and Japanese.
The exam topics are as follows:
- Infrastructure Maintenance (14%)
- Infrastructure Services (15%)
- Network Fundamentals (20%)
- LAN Switching Fundamentals (25%)
- Routing Fundamentals (26%)
The 100-105 ICND1 exam topics cover techniques, skills, and knowledge required to effectively deploy, troubleshoot, and operate core Cisco networking solutions (routers and switches). Typically, this involves unboxing a new device, configuring it, and deploying it in a small LAN. However, you should regard these sections as a guideline, as the exam may include other topics for the purpose of clarity. Note that Cisco may review these guidelines without prior notification.
Training for any Cisco certification exam requires a lot of learning, practice, and understanding of a wide array of concepts and technologies. Although some candidates pass the test using a self-study approach, others require instructor-led courses in a formal setting. Although CCENT Certification Questions is an entry-level certificate and doesn’t have prerequisites, to pass the 100-105 exam require a thorough and accurate study.
Use the following tips to help you prepare for your 100-105 ICND1 certification test:
- Practice, practice, and more practice using simulations, simlets, and testlets available in the exam syllabus. By doing so, you gain a set of handy skills for use on the exam day. In this way, you will avoid wasting valuable time figuring out how each of the various components functions during the actual test. Use the PrepAway Cisco CCENT Practice Test Questions Part 4 100-105 Exam to see your strong and weak areas.
- Create a study plan for rating your performance against each topic. Consider using a scale of 1 to 5 to represent your conversancy with particular networking technologies or concepts. Luckily, not all exam topics require troubleshooting or configuration knowledge.
- Also, carefully review the 100-105 exam blueprint. Take note of sections that require you to configure, troubleshoot, or verify, as these questions that require practical application of networking concepts and skills. In doing so, you save time and maximize your chances of acing this teat on your first try. Verbs such as describe and discuss identify theory type questions, which typically are not present in simulations.
- You can also purchase or rent Cisco routing and switching equipment to boost your knowledge of its solutions. If this is not possible due to resource constraints, get a good simulator to practice on switching and routing concepts.
If you are worried about passing this certification exam, you need to relax. Many candidates are already the CCENT certificate holders. However, you need proper training, lots of practice, and thorough preparation to ace the 100-105 exam on your first try. During the preparatory days, be ready to give your best shot to the test.
Presently, Cisco has authorized several of its partners to offer the CCENT training to the students across the globe. Even so, you can take the ICND1 course directly from Cisco, but the exam ready candidates must register with Pearson VUE. It is the official administrator of all Cisco certification tests. After signing up, browse through this website to select a test center that suits your specific needs (location and convenience). Fortunately, the Pearson VUE network of worldwide partners simplifies the exam administration process regardless of the candidate’s location. After passing the 100-105 exam, you will receive your CCENT certification that will lead you to more advanced and specialized Cisco credentials.