Yesterday, Valve and Hidden Path made a number of changes to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on the PC, adding a brand new Team Deathmatch mode, as well as adjusting the recoil patterns for a number of weapons in consultation with pro players.
“After gathering feedback from pro players around the world, we’ve made significant changes to weapon balance with global changes to recoil that affect all weapons, as well as specific adjustments to rifles, pistols, and the P90,” writes the CS:GO team in the latest blog entry.
“To try the weapon changes out for yourself, we’ve also added a new game mode to matchmaking and offline play: Deathmatch.”
In addition, the private beta for the Map Workshop was also launched yesterday. You can link your shipped maps or maps in progress that would be suitable for the workshop to email@example.com with the subject “Map Workshop Beta,” including your Steam ID in the message.
Check out the full list of major and minor changes below:
- A new game mode has been added to matchmaking and offline play: Deathmatch.
- Weapon balance and recoil were adjusted with pro community input ( Thanks to J3Di, NiP, VeryGames, ESC, 4NOT, mTw, and FM TOXiC )
- In addition to global changes that affect all weapons, specific adjustments have been made to: rifles, pistols, and the P90.
- Weapon purchasing changes:
- The AWP’s kill reward was increased from $50 to $100.
- The Glock is now a Terrorist only weapon.
- The FiveseveN is now a CT only weapon.
- The Terrorists’ molotov price has been reduced to $500. The CT’s incendiary grenade remains $850.
- Note that the pistol arrangement has changed in the buymenu.
- The messaging system has been converted to protobuf.
- Demos recorded with previous versions of CS:GO will not be compatible as of this update. In order to view old demos, set your ‘beta’ to ‘demo_viewer’ in the CS:GO betas property panel, in Steam. Don’t forget to set it back to ‘NONE’ when you want to play online again.
- If you are running SourceMod on your server, you will need to update to the latest version. For details, see: http://www.sourcemod.net/index.php
- Added some performance improvements for low-end clients.
- Fixed some fence materials that were allowing players to see through smoke grenades.
- GOTV spectator UI will now correctly show kevlar and helmet information for players.
- Avatars will now correctly load for all players when connected to a GOTV server or when watching a demo.
- Added support to notify players during servers maintenance downtime.
- Fixed a dedicated server exploit where community dedicated servers could masquerade as official and get players searching for official game modes connected to them (saigns.de)
- Fixed a rare problem when clients matchmaking for Classic Competitive game could be stuck on green Accept screen
- Fixed a rare problem when clients could connect to a Classic Competitive game and then later be disconnected for failing to accept the match.
- Improved algorithm pinging whitelisted dedicated servers when searching for Classic Competitive games, pinging less addresses fixes occasional problems for some customers where address translation tables on their routers would fill up and their routers would fail to route required packets to display the green Accept screen.
- Added support for mm_dedicated_search_maxping to restrict client’s ping when matchmaking for Classic Competitive games. ( Matchmaking algorithm will still be prioritizing best servers to minimize ping of all party members. )
- Fixed a rare server crash when bots attempted to shoot the bomb defuser.
- Fixed a client crash when downloading a lot of custom assets from community servers.
NOTES TO MAPMAKERS
- Deathmatch uses the nav mesh to create spawn points. Make sure that your nav is contained within the bounds of your map to ensure that players aren’t spawned outside of it. Use map_showspawnpoints to see where spawn points were generated.
- If you want to use mapper-placed spawnpoints instead of the randomly generated ones, place an info_map_parameters in your map and set usenormalspawnsfordm (“Use Normal Spawns in Deathmatch?) to true.
- We’re launching the private beta for workshop maps. If you’re a map maker, mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Map Workshop Beta” and your steam id in the content, with a link to maps shipped ( or maps in progress ) suitable for the Workshop.
- Please use the CSGO SDK list for discussions about Deathmatch and Workshop.
Have you already fiddled around with Team Deathmatch or any of the new weapon tweaks?