Bungie has now released the official Destiny 2 update 1.05 (they call it 1.0.3) patch notes! There’s stuff about Factions, UI fixes, and more.
- Pledge to a faction Vendor
- Pledging places a buff on the player character for the duration of the event associating the character with the faction
- Earn faction Reputation tokens
- By Destroying Enemy resources in Lost Sectors, completing public events, completing strikes, completing Crucible matches, and the Leviathan raid
- Turn tokens in for reward packages
- Earn faction themed rewards from your faction
- Help your faction win
- The faction with the most rank ups across the game will sell a new weapon at a discount for faction members
- Fixed an issue in which Hunters with a specific amount of health would see their health bar on the HUD at all times
- Fixed issue in the raid that granted resurrection tokens unintentionally to players joining encounters in progress
- Fixed an issue in which killing the first Minotaur too quickly in the Unbreakable Adventure would result in progression being blocked
- Fixed an issue where clan XP was not being granted for completing public events
- Fixed an issue preventing some players from receiving weekly clan engrams
- Players who leave a clan will still not be eligible for clan rewards that week
- Fixed an issue in which Bright engrams would show ‘Requires Level 20’ if a player hadn’t accepted all Leveling Rewards from Tess after reaching level 20
- Fixed an issue in which the action button on weapon ornaments displayed Discard instead of Unlock
Call to Arms
- Reduced the amount needed to complete the milestone to align it with other weekly milestonesMidtown
- Adjusted Clash & Supremacy power ammo locations
- Added invisible physics volumes to keep players from leaving the intended playable spaceEternity
- Added a soft-kill volume to keep players from hiding on the edge of the map
- Dead players’ Ghosts will no longer appear in the “Fork” location
- Fixed an issue in which players in the Tower could sometimes fail to load gear
- Fixed a crash when signing out of Destiny 2
- Fixed an issue in which the gear search button was covering item actions
- Fixed an issue in which Ghosts were not showing in character gear
- Added a filter and member count in the clan rosteriOS
- Fixed an issue in the way gear power was sorted when including items that don’t have powerWeb
- When you close an explore item in trending, the page no longer refreshes
- Paging update in search
Check your PlayStation 4, Guardians! A new Destiny 2 update (1.05) is out now, and it’s a rather small one. While the maintenance period for Destiny 2 is still on-going (it’ll be done by 12 noon PT), the title update can be downloaded now, and it’s just at a tiny 850MB in size.
We still don’t know the exact patch notes for Destiny 2 update 1.05, but what we do know is that Guided Games and Factions will be tweaked.
Now that you’ve defeated Ghaul, we are ready for a special event called Faction Rallies. Starting on September 26 at 2 AM Pacific, you will be able to volunteer your services in support of your favorite faction, or the one that holds the loot you most desire.
Arach Jalaal from Dead Orbit, Lakshmi-2 from Future War Cult, and Executor Hideo of New Monarchy will return to the Tower to ask you to pledge your loyalty. Before you can make this choice, you must first reach Level 20 and gain access to the Tower. You will only be able to pledge to one faction per character.
Once you have chosen your side, your mission will be to return to the wild and complete activities in support of your faction. You can do public events, explore Lost Sectors, complete strikes, clear the raid, or compete in the Crucible. As you complete these activities, you will be rewarded with faction tokens that you can turn in for packages full of loot.
In addition to all of the gear on display above, each faction will be offering a special weapon as a reward to be sold if they emerge victorious. Everyone who pledged to the winning faction will be able to purchase it for 1,000 glimmer. Anyone who did not pledge can still get it, but will have to pay a higher price of 50,000 glimmer.
Guided Games will become available for seekers seeking clans to show them the mysteries of the Leviathan on Tuesday, September 26, at 10 AM Pacific. It’s just over a week into the Guided Games Beta, and we want to update you on how things are going before we open it up for those brave enough to take on the Raid.