New things to do are in store for Destiny fans when the game’s April Update hits, well, this April.
Developer Bungie showcased a number of the new activities in a recent live stream event, revealing the new Light Level cap as 335. Guardians will take part in a new Strike, as well as a revamped vanilla strike that’s been updated with Taken enemies. Variks and the Prison of Elders from Destiny’s House of Wolves DLC will also play a large role in powering up your Guardian.
If you missed it, you’ll find a full replay of the Twitch stream below:
If you’re just here for the highlights, Destiny YouTuber “Datto” put together an easy-to-understand play-by-play of what was revealed.
UPDATE: Bungie has also posted the “too long, did not watch” over on Bungie.net:
Too long, did not watch:
- The April Update arrives on 04/12/2016
- New content will be available to players of Destiny: The Taken King
- The King is dead, but the Taken War rages on in our Solar System
- Variks the Loyal has a renewed call to arms to battle Taken foes
- Guardians will face new challenges through new Quests, Bounties, and Strikes
- Maximum Light is being raised to 335, with many new ways to level up
- Prison of Elders has a new Level 41 mode to empower you reach 320
- Challenge of Elders is a new Level 42 scored mode to empower you to reach 335
- Players who achieve High and Cumulative scores are guaranteed Weapons and Armor
- Challenge of Elders rewards have up to 335 Light, depending on your power
Not mentioned on stream, but also totally true:
- King’s Fall will drop rewards up to 330
- Court of Oryx will drop Artifacts up to 335
- Sometimes I forget to ask the most important questions
Mentioned on stream, but not actually true:
- Prison of Elders does not have checkpoints (oops, sorry)
- This is what happens when we preview work in progress on a live show
There’s still more to come. Next week, on Wednesday, Bungie will once again hit up their Twitch channel to reveal new gear and rewards to earn in Destiny’s April Update, which, by the way, is free to owners of The Taken King.
Meanwhile, here are a few new screens to tide you over.