A new merchant arrives in the Tower tomorrow — Lord Saladin — and brings with him new opportunities to score some sweet gear for your Guardian while participating in the new limited-time Crucible playlist, the Iron Banner.
The competitive multiplayer mode starts tomorrow, October 7, and will continue through to next week, ending on October 14. Unlike regular playlists in Destiny‘s multiplayer, the Attack and Defense ratings on your weapons and armor actually matter. Stat balancing is turned off, so you’ll want to bring your best gear into the ring with you.
Fret not if you lack the required firepower to measure up to other high level Guardians in the Crucible, however, as you’ll earn the chance to score yourself some powerful gear by simply participating in matches and completing Iron Banner bounties.
Courtesy of Destiny Database, here is a full list of the 9 weapons, 12 armor pieces, 11 visual items, and 10 Bounties that will become available starting October 7. Again, like the Queen’s Emissary, some of these items will be obtainable by completing Bounties and earning the required amount of reputation to purchase them. Others you’ll only find randomly by competing in Iron Banner matches.
Check them out and tell us in the comments below what you’re after! Get more details on the Iron Banner by visiting the official page on Bungie.net.
Remember, Destiny servers will be offline for “several hours” tomorrow morning, starting at 7AM Pacific, while Bungie improves server infrastructure with a new hot fix.
Iron Banner – Weapons, Armor, Items, and Bounties
- Efrideet’s Spear – Sniper Rifle
- Felwinter’s Lie – Shotgun
- Gheleon’s Demise – Scout Rifle
- Jolder’s Hammer – Machine Gune
- Perun’s Fire – Fusion Rifle
- Radegast’s Fury – Rocket Launcher
- Silimar’s Wrath – Auto Rifle
- Skorri’s Revenge – Pulse Rifle
- Timur’s Lash – Hand Cannon
12 Armor Pieces
11 Visual Items
- Anvil of Light – Defeat 50 Guardians while competing in the Iron Banner, with the Iron Banner Class, Emblem and Shader items equipped.
- Exacting Measures – Earn 15 Headshot Sprees while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Focused Aggression – Defeat 50 Guardians with Auto Rifle headshots while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Hard Forged – Earn 10000 XP while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Heavy Metal – Earn 15 Machine Gun Sprees while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Iron Embrace – Defeat 20 Guardians with a close quarters melee attack while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Iron Wrath – Defeat 10 Guardians without dying while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.
- Of Iron Made – Win 3 Iron Banner matches with the Iron Banner Class, Emblem and Shader items equipped.
- Rise Above – Complete an Iron Banner match with the highest score.
- The Chaos and Calm – Defeat 30 Guardians with machine gun headshots while competing in the Iron Banner tournament.