If you ever wanted back buttons on your DualSense controller but wanted something more official than what’s out in the market, you’re in luck, as Sony has officially revealed the “DualSense Edge” controller, which aims to rival Microsoft’s Xbox Elite controller when it comes to features.
Check out the trailer and read up on what this PS5 Pro controller can do straight from Sony.
The DualSense Edge features a fully customizable wireless controller with probably the most important feature of all — back buttons! Yes, this beast has back buttons and what’s more, they can even be swapped!
- Related Reading: PSVR2 Release Set for “Early 2023” According to Sony
DualSense Edge Features List:
● Ultra-customizable controls: You can make the DualSense Edge wireless controller uniquely yours by remapping or deactivating specific button inputs and fine-tuning your aim by adjusting stick sensitivity and dead zones (the distance your analog stick moves before it’s recognized in a game). In addition, each trigger is adjustable with options to tailor travel distance and dead zones to your preference. For example, you can manually reduce travel distance of the triggers for faster inputs in competitive FPS games or reduce the dead zone for precise throttle control in racing games.
● Ability to save multiple control profiles: Once you’ve found your ideal control settings, you can save them to unique profiles and swap between them on the fly. With the DualSense Edge wireless controller, you’ll always have your preferred controls for your games ready to go, whether you’re facing Norse gods and monsters in God of War Ragnarök, or rival players in an online battle royale.
● On-controller user interface: The dedicated Fn button allows you to easily adjust your setup while staying focused on the in-game action – quickly swap between your pre-set control profiles, adjust game volume and chat balance, and access the controller profile settings menu to set up and test new control iterations while in game.
● Changeable stick caps and back buttons: Three types of swappable stick caps (standard, high dome, and low dome) help you stay comfortable in game while maintaining grip and stability. The two swappable sets of back buttons (half-dome and lever) can be configured to be any other button input, putting more essential controls at your fingertips.
● Replaceable stick modules: Play longer with the ability to fully replace each individual stick module on the controller (replacement stick modules will be sold separately).
● Built-in DualSense wireless controller features: The DualSense Edge wireless controller retains the signature comfort and immersive experience of the DualSense wireless controller when playing supported games, including haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, built-in microphone, motion controls, and more.
In addition to the features listed above, Sony has confirmed that the controller will also include a USB Type-C braided cable, which uses a connector housing to lock into the controller, so it’s less likely to slip. There will also be a carrying case included, which will even let you charge the controller while it’s housed inside.
No release date or price has been revealed just yet, but chances are, expect this to be in the same price range as your typical modded/pro controller ($150 and up).
Source: PlayStation Blog