Far Cry 3 has recently received a brand new patch that focuses on a number of community requested features for both the single player and multiplayer.
The patch is now live on the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 and adds a new difficulty setting in the single player as well as the new “outpost reset” feature. In multiplayer, map makers can now beta test their maps with others.
Check out the full update notes below:
- Outposts reset: after the end of the game, players can choose to reset the liberated outposts to face the challenge to take them over again.
- A new difficulty setting: Players who have completed the campaign can restart the adventure on master difficulty, with more challenging enemies and dangerous wildlife.
- Map Beta Test: Map makers can now start a beta test to monitor how their map is being played using the new spectate feature and regular players are enabled to provide better feedback to help map makers improve their projects.
- Maps by author: Players will be able to show all the maps created by an author.
- Idle kick: The feature that kicks out idle players during a MP match is removed from custom and private matches.
- The Skip map voting system has been improved with more visibility and time to cast the vote.
- A new mini-game called The Grid has been added to the Outpost website and smartphone apps.