EA has released a new update for FIFA 18 on PC, which fixes an issue with the goalkeepers not always going for the ball after a back pass, and sometimes staying on the ground for too long.
In addition to this, the 600MB update introduces extra matchmaking regions in Pro Clubs, several audio and visual fixes, and more.
For the full list of patch notes, see below:
Addressed the following issues in Gameplay:
– Incorrect penalty calls where a defender legally wins a header but also collides with an attacking player.
– Goalkeepers staying on the ground too long, not attempting to gather the ball, when the ball was within reach after a save.
– Goalkeepers sometimes not going for the ball after a back pass.
– This issue would occur more often if using manual passing.
Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate team:
– Players getting a message that there are no attempts remaining in the current Daily Knockout Tournament when their final attempt is still active.
– The game freezing when quickly selecting an opponent in Squad Battles immediately after getting to the Opponent Selection screen.
– Corrected some of the text for the squad requirements in FUT Champions.
– A visual issue with an incorrect overall player rating showing in the Player Performance screen of the Pause Menu in certain situations.
Made the following changes in Online Modes:
– Added additional matchmaking regions in Pro Clubs.
Addressed the following issues in Online Modes:
– Players being unable to make quick subs if they had used all their available pauses.
– The trophy not being present in the Pro Clubs Championship celebration.
– Captains disconnecting from Pro Clubs matches when Voice Chat is disabled via game launcher.
Addressed the following issues in Career Mode:
– Players signed to pre-contracts, in the first season, not coming to your team if the first summer transfer window was disabled during Career Mode setup.
– Some player attributes were missing from the Squad HUB.
Addressed the following issues in Tournaments Mode:
– The tournament tree in the Women’s International Cup being empty after the semifinals.
Addressed the following issues in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
– Repetitive whistling that was heard in some stadiums.
– Some visual issues with the Bundesliga broadcast package.
– Updates to a number of crests and kits.
We are expecting this update to be released for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 over the course of the next week.
What do you think of the latest patch? Are you happy to hear about the extra matchmaking regions in the Pro Club mode? Let us know below.
In other gaming news, Splatoon 2 received a huge patch which overhauls the game for winter, take a look at 20 minutes of new Monster Hunter World gameplay, and developer DICE has acknowledged the Star Wars Battlefront II stuttering and HDR issues.
Source: EA FIFA