For Honor‘s latest update is now live and rolling out. It brings two new Heroes into the fight, two new maps and a new game mode called “Tribute”.
In addition to this, Ubisoft have added new customization options, allowing each Hero to equip four executions instead of two, and more.
For the patch highlights, see below:
The Shaman fights like a wildcat on the battlefield. She uses a dagger and hatchet to stab and slash relentlessly, overwhelming their opponents. When she smells blood, she will pounce upon her prey and remorselessly deliver the deathblow.
Fighting style details:
- Predatory combatant
- Fast attacker
- Fast attacks let her strike at will
- Short range stabs inflict Bleed
- Becomes more deadly when the opponent is Bleeding
The Aramusha uses his blades for offense and defense. He can move very carefully or dodge very quickly on the battlefield. He capitalizes on the mistakes of his opponents to unleash a never-ending flow of fast attacks in every direction.
Fighting style details:
- Counter Attacker
- Fast attacker
- Infinite chains
- Very good special block move
- Very good dodges
A pair of massive stone skulls stand as welcome or warning to those who seek to enter the Viking Fortress. Perched high on a hill, the Fortress is protected by a defensive gauntlet, built by seasoned warriors to stop attackers from reaching their most valued haven.
- Few have ever made it in the Viking citadel, and none have made it out.
- Available in all gamemodes except Tribute.
Out of tranquil marshland rises a Samurai village, a densely populated maze of twisting alleys and unusual architecture. Here the people live in stilt houses above the water, and the landscape has necessitated a push skyward, creating multi-tiered neighborhoods at varying elevations.
- Navigating the village is a significant challenge for visitors and invaders alike, but a system of ziplines is sure to expedite travel.
- Available in all gamemodes except Dominion.
Two teams of four players fight for the favor of the gods. Each team must gather or steal offerings and bring them back to their shrines to unlock powerful blessings. The first team with three offerings (or the team with the most offerings at the end of the timer) wins.
Tribute is playable in Tower Ruin, Canyon, Shipyard, Cathedral, Cinder Mill, Forest, Viking Village and Market Town.
Improvements since Public Test
When the timer reaches 0:00 (during any phase of the match) the phase will not resolve until the latest interaction with a Shrine is completed or interrupted. The match carries on or finishes according to the result of that interaction.
- Example: If the score is 3-0 for the blue team. Win confirm state starts. After 40s an orange players tries to steal an offering. Before he finishes, the timer ends. On Public Test, this meant a victory for the blue team. Now, if the orange player successfully steals the offering, the match exits the win confirm state and goes back to the regular timer with the score being 2-0.
- This effect can be triggered with a steal AND/OR a secure.
Drop conditions when carrying an Offering have been refined, they should now be consistent throughout:
- On PTS, moves and feats that controlled other players would not make the offering drop. They now do.
- Being in revenge gives you the same immunity super armor gives you pertaining offering drop conditions
- Renown gain has been rebalanced, players should unlock their 4th feat towards the end of the match if all teammates contributed equally to the game. It was too fast on the Public Test.
- The damage boost from the “Vindicator’s Blessing” has been reduced to 20% (from 25%) and it does not affect feats anymore.
- The shield from the Guardian’s Blessing now has accurate regen rules, it will fill back up to 25 health (same amount as Public Test) 9 seconds after the last attack received (blocked or successful). This timer resets every time the character is attacked. The shield can still regen while in combat.
- Respawn rules have been improved to greatly reduce the chance of players respawning in front of an opponent.
For the full list of changes, click here.
Are you looking forward to trying out the new game mode and/or testing out a new character? Let us know below.
In other updates news, a new Minecraft patch adds new skins to the game, the Overwatch Xbox One X 4K patch is being worked on, and an upcoming World of Warcraft update will “slow down damage in World PvP.”
Source: For Honor (Official)