Gears of War 4 is celebrating the holidays with its “Gearsmas” event. Players will be able to enjoy “a Holiday-tastic Horde Special Event, the return of TDM Snowball Fight (now requiring direct hits!), and a bunch of great Gearsmas content to collect.”
Gearsmas will begin on December 15, and run right through until January 2.
In addition to this, starting December 10, players will benefit from the “12 Days of Gearsmas” daily rewards, which will comprise of “Gearsmas 2016 content to XP bonus events and even our first ever Credit multiplier events!”
As for the new update, here’s the highlights:
– Added 10 achievements worth 500G!
– Improved Credit and XP Earn rate for Versus game modes to be more even with earn rates in Horde
– Horde Events now support Holiday Hats!
– Xbox One X: Long games of Escalation no longer cause the game to crash
– Removed multiple exploits allowing players to go out of bounds on Horde maps
– Fixed an exploit involving ledge drop downs
– Improved Versus and Horde dialogue for Bernie, Hoffman, Oscar and Sam in line with improvements made to other character dialogue
For more information on the latest update, click here for the full blog post.
In other gaming news, be sure to get an extended look at the bizarre Death Stranding, take a gander at the new PUBG desert map in the new trailer, and catch up on all of The Game Awards 2017 winners here.
Source: Gears of War