Ubisoft announced today that the beta for Ghost Recon Future Soldier will drop on April 19th and will stay live until May 2nd on PS3 and Xbox 360.
As detailed on the official site, the beta will give you access to the following:
- Three classes (Rifleman, Engineer and Scout) and unlock new gear to battle online on two selected maps, Mill and Pipeline (see images below).
- Two game modes: Conflict is a mode where players battle to complete objectives located throughout the map and earn points, the team with the most points at the end of the round wins. Saboteur (available starting April 26th), a bomb spawns in a central location at the beginning of the round, and both teams then compete to retrieve the bomb and be the first to detonate it at the opposing team’s base
How to get into the beta:
- Splinter Cell Conviction users who still own the game will get access through the game main menu on April 19th.
- Selected Uplay members who have linked their account with their Xbox Live or Playstation account will automatically receive an invite. Find out how to link your account here.
- People who have pre-ordered Ghost Recon Future Soldier at selected retailers will also receive VIP invites.
- Winners of the Facebook sweepstakes will also get early access to the beta. Join the contest here.
- PS plus subscribers, read more here.
A free companion service, Ghost Recon Network, was also announced. This service, which will be available on smartphones, tablets, and web browsers, will become a part of all Ghost Recon titles moving forward. The Ghost Recon Network site and v1.0 iOS & Android apps will go live along with when Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 releases on May 22nd.
Players who can access the beta will be to get an early glimpse into Ghost Recon Network (GRN). The beta version of the GRN will be accessible through the web and the Android app.
Ghost Recon Network key features:
Customize and share in-game weapons on the go
- Use GunSmith mobile to customize weapons down to their inner parts in 3D and sync them to consoles
- Publish weapons to the GunSmith Gallery and browse guns posted by the Ghost Recon Network community
Track player history and friends’ in-game status
- Access personal player performance on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier & upcoming Ghost Recon games and compare stats on leaderboards
- Receive challenges, friend activity reports and community updates via the website or push notifications on smartphones and tablets
Receive exclusive rewards
- Download the free Ghost Recon Network app at launch to unlock additional attachment credits in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
- Earn weapons and weapon skins in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier by playing other Ghost Recon games or interacting with other Ghost Recon experiences
Become a better player
- Study detailed game information and heatmaps to prepare for the next battle
- Build and manage your squad, add recruits and search for competing squads